(NOAH) Even though he calls himself "The High King", he has the rebellious spirit of "a man who continues to be scorned", polishing the GHC Junior with a rebellious heart just before the challenge. Interview with Haoh.

10th October 2020
Pro Wrestling DX

Haoh will make his first challenge for the GHC Junior Heavyweight Championship, held by Kotaro Suzuki at the EDION Arena Osaka 1st Stadium tomorrow (11th). 
At the end of last year, his ring name was changed from Yuki Sato to "Haoh" when he entered the rebel group, Kongoh. Soon after that at the beginning of the year, he had been defeated by Kotaro in both the junior tag title match and in the official singles league match. Kotaro has looked down on him since with both words and in matches. 

Even if he gives himself a grand ring name, there are days when he "continued to be scorned." He steeled himself rebelliously, and took two direct pins from Kotaro in the outpost. What he has now is a sense of evolution. We talked to Haoh, who is about to challenge for the GHC Championship for the first time in a big match. 

Interview with Haoh

Q: You first GHC Junior challenge is approaching 
HAOH: I started fighting in Noah last December, and neither I or the Kongoh Jnr have got any results. This is the first time I have made a title challenge since January, and so I definitely want to do something. 
Q: It has been ten months since you changed your name to "Haoh", and started fighting in Noah. 
HAOH: I have been frustrated with no results. However, I feel that I have been able to develop my own style that is different from 10 months ago by becoming stronger in the high level Noah fight. It was especially during the period of empty arena and the single match with Kenoh at the Kongoh produce. Those experiences were pretty big. 
Q: After Kotaro dismissed your challenge in the Junior Tag Championship in January, you were also defeated in the official junior league match. What was the point of growth during 10 months in Noah? 
HAOH: I was simply made to think about my own way of fighting. Until before, I was messing around in matches. I can't afford to do that in this ring, and that is why the empty arena era has become a part of me that I have been able to step up and I have been thinking about how to fight an opponent bigger than me.
Q: It has been ten months since you have dedicated yourself to pro wrestling like never before? 
HAOH: I agree. How to get the win. How to find your own style. The feeling of the hunger to win. I kept facing that. 
Q: What kind of significance is Kotaro the champion again? 
HAOH: I know that Kotaro Suzuki is strong, but ever since the first match, each time we have done it I have felt like "I'm not good at this..." those words hurt, each and every one. But he is an opponent who has been stimulating rebelliousness. Even in the outpost, I was knocked out and humiliated, and he says that he has taken the pin from "The weakest challenger". I want to overturn all the feelings of the stuck up things he has been saying. 
Q: Kotaro always says that he feels sorry for you as you cannot live up to your name, but how do you feel about your ring name? 
HAOH: It doesn't matter what is said. I think everyone perceives it differently. The Haoh he is talking about, is from the world of manga, right? However, when I googled the meaning there was something missing, and I think that it will be completed by taking the belt. 
Q: Kotaro also said that "the drawers are different". 
HAOH: There are so many drawers, that I am thinking about how to win with my head. It's easy to reverse on the day of the event, but I won't let you go (rough, does not translate well) 
Q: With the rapid roll ups, the dizzying manner to get the three counts has been sharpened. 
HAOH: Kotaro Suzuki may be an all rounder with a lot of technique and many drawers to pull them out of, but when a small wrestler like myself gets the pin from a bigger wrestler, I think that is the real thrill of pro wrestling. I think I have been honing that kind of fighting. 
Q: The stage will be the Osaka event, where the N-1 final will also be held? 
HAOH: I am more aware of the GHC Junior Tag Title match (Ogawa & HAYATA vs Harada & Kotoge) than the N-1 final. When their tag was revived, the juniors stole that subject from them in one go, and if Haoh wins the belt from Kotaro, then the topic will be over here. 
Q: Osaka will have two themes; Kotaro and the Junior Tag Championship? 
HAOH: I agree, but above all, I want to beat Kotaro Suzuki. I will severely transmit "I really don't want to admit that" or "I am not prepared to give you an inch" or "It's difficult to deal with such differences in ability". I haven't forgotten all the bitterness that I was told. I have finally arrived, and the rest I will finally do in Osaka.  

Picture credit: Pro Wrestling DX

Comments