(NOAH) GHC HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH SIGNING: TAKASHI SUGIURA & GO SHIOZAKI

4th December 2020
PKDX

SUGIURA: Takashi Sugiura, of The Sugiura Army. On December 6th 2020, I will fight Go Shiozaki for the GHC. It is the same situation as the Nippon Budokan on December 6th 11 years ago. I am thinking about fate very much. I feel it is fate to fight Shiozaki in the 20th anniversary. Eleven years ago, I put on the belt and finally became the face of Noah. I think that is also fate. 
SHIOZAKI: When I first won the GHC, it was Takashi Sugiura who took it on December 6th, the same date as this time. Takashi Sugiura's hopes, his meaning, I will accept everything and win this GHC title match. 
Q: How do you see the progress of champion Shiozaki? 
SUGIURA: Due to Corona he has had title matches without any audience, I have seen all his matches and I felt he is a wonderful Noah champion. I thought he was promising, but more than that, I was jealous. I was jealous of Shiozaki's success. 
Q: On the contrary, how has Shiozaki seen Sugiura recently? 
SHIOZAKI: In any situation, Takashi Sugiura is a man who has fought for Noah in any fight. I have always wanted to win a GHC Heavyweight title match against him. 
Q: However, the damage from matches has built up, and there is a situation where the arm is taped continues. What is your condition? 
SHIOZAKI: I'm in great shape
Q: How does Sugiura see Go Shiozaki's condition? 
SUGIURA: I'm in great shape
Q: In Noah's 20th anniversary year, this will be a battle of a year of defenses? 
SHIOZAKI: No matter who the challenger is, I don't think of losing. I am only thinking of winning, and this time the challenge is Takashi Sugiura. It is no exaggeration to say that I have defended the GHC to beat him, and so I have been waiting for him. On the 6th December, I will take the pin.
Q: You said that the phrase "I AM NOAH" could be said once you had beaten him
SHIOZAKI: I will beat Takashi Sugiura and scream, "I AM NOAH", even more than usual. 
Q: Sugiura, you will conclude the 20th anniversary year of your debut, walking with Noah for 20 years. 
SUGIURA: Noah's 20 years are also my 20 years, and while I have seen various things in Noah, I've had some tough and hard experiences, but moreover I will fight against my destined opponent, Shiozaki, and finally I will put on the belt and make it the best 20th anniversary. 
Q: Your partner, Sakuraba, will also challenge for the National Championship at the same event, on December 19th you have a tag title defense in Nagoya, and on December 29th there is the Sugiura Army produce at Korakuen Hall...it's a busy December, but what kind of year end will it be? 
SUGIURA: Saku can be giddy, so please be careful. It would be nice if we could both put on the belts, defend the tag and then go to the Sugiura Army produce.
Q: Shiozaki, what kind of match do you want to have against Sugiura as the champion, and in what kind of way do you want to win? 
SHIOZAKI: The previous GHC against Takashi Sugiura, fighting beyond everything, Noah's 20th anniversary; 2020 will be concluded in the best possible way.
Q: Have your feelings of "jealousy" towards Shiozaki, changed compared to eleven years ago? 
SUGIURA: My current feelings towards Shiozaki is that he is a responsible and wonderful champion. In that sense I am happy, but there is still some bitterness. Eleven years ago in 2009, Shiozaki was the last partner of Misawa, and Jun Akiyama was holding the GHC. It was Shiozaki and Takeshi Rikio, who had returned from a hernia, who were selected for the championship match. At that time it was, "Why isn't it me?", "Why is the company pushing Shiozaki?" The jealousy I felt at that time may have been misguided and petty, but the current jealousy is the sense of security that Shiozaki has. I think it was more a deep seated jealousy eleven years ago. Now that I have admitted that I am jealous, it's been 20 years, and I still want to make flowers bloom
Q: What about the new GHC Heavyweight belt with the new design? 
SUGIURA: I haven't put it on yet, but it's cool. It's amazing. There is a deep feeling. I will get it as a Christmas present. 

Comments