(NOAH): "I feel alive", Keiji Mutoh challenges the GHC Heavyweight Go Shiozaki at the Nippon Budokan on 12th February 2021

6th December 2020
Yahoo.co.jp\Sports Hochi

Pro Wrestling Noah held "NOAH the BEST ~ FINAL CHRONICLE 2020" at the Yoyogi 2nd Gymnasium in Tokyo on the 6th. In the main event, the GHC Heavyweight Champion, Go Shiozaki, defeated Takashi Sugiura in 51 minutes and 44 seconds using three consecutive lariats, and succeeded in defending for the sixth time.

After the match, Keiji Mutoh came to the ring and said, "Congratulations on your defense, Shiozaki. I'm quite an old person, but I think it's okay to have a dream. Let me follow that. Let me challenge you at the Nippon Budokan for the belt." 
Shiozaki accepted this, saying, "I will take any challenge any time. I am NOAH". Mutoh will challenge Go Shiozaki next year at the Nippon Budokan event on February 12th. 

Speaking backstage of his challenge to Shiozaki at the Budokan, Mutoh said excitedly, "I think it's good. I have had a lot of memorable matches at the Budokan, so it's a good place. I thought that since the TPO* is in place, I decided to take on the challenge. I feel alive." 

Mutoh will celebrate his birthday on the 23rd of this month, so he will make his challenge at the age of 58. His impression of Shiozaki is "For many years it has been Noah's style to have long runs for a long time, maybe it is the style inherited from The Four Pillars. That is their way of doing things, but my own is different. So, what is my theory of pro wrestling? If I speak of that part, I won't get on with that style. I'm going to go my own way, I don't want to be dragged into that style too much."

In the ring Shiozaki accepted the challenge with the famous line of Antonio Inoki, Mutoh's teacher, "Any time, anywhere, anyone's challenge". 

Mutoh commented, "If so, will I recieve young people for about a year? Will I get such a thing on numerous indies? It's probably best not to talk about that kind of thing..."

If Mutoh wins he will have conquered all the championships of the major promotions, following the IWGP of New Japan and the Triple Crown of All Japan. Mutoh says, "I think its a little different from the fact that you will take on anyone's challenge, because I think I am the first challenger on the list, so I think I am first in the ranking." As the top condenser, he revealed his enthusiasm to standing in the ring at The Budokan. 

Shiozaki, who received the challenge said, "A match with Keiji Mutoh? You dream? I have a dream. Take those dreams and put them on this belt in Noah's ring."


*TPO: COVID spit test

Comments