(NOAH) "I want to find someone with spirit", Interview with The Sugiura Army's Kazunari Murakami

28th December 2020
DX-SP

Kazunari Murakami has decided to attack Noah for the first time in about ten years, as a member of The Sugiura Army, which will be unveiled at The Sugiura Army Korakuen Hall event tomorrow (29th). 
The man who involved Noah in a maelstrom several times in the past, has started to get involved again. Above all, not only is he participating in Noah, it has been a while since he has had a match itself. The match is also happening during Corona. 
The indignation is accumulating and the "Heisei Terrorist", is on the verge of an outburst. He does not deny, even to his friends, that the Noah fan's "Murakami Allergy" is also welcome. 
With the "full release of instinct", we talked to Murakami who is ready for battle. 

Interview with Kazunari Murakami

Q: You appeared at the Kongoh produce on the 26th, and after a long time have decided to participate in Noah at the Sugiura Army produce on the 29th. 
MURAKAMI: I was impatient to have the match on the 29th, but I call from NOSAWA who asked me "Are you free on the 26th? Would you like to do something fun?" Somehow I knew something was going on and I said, "Yeah, I'll come." So when I got to Korakuen Hall, I was told that Noah where at the venue today. 
Q: Isn't it because of Noah that you came? 
MURAKAMI: That's right. But when I was asked, "Would you like to do something fun?" There were young boys (Nakajima and Kitamiya) with familiar faces (laughs). 
Q: There was a time when you were working with NOSAWA in Diamond Ring\Kensuke Office, the home promotion of Nakajima and Kitamiya.
MURAKAMI: He's keeping at it. I had to smile as he said, "In a big way". 
Q: So, did you realize that you were in the "Sugiura Army?"
MURAKAMI: If I have fun, then basically it's fine if it gets wild. I knew about The Sugiura Army later and said, "I don't mind". NOSAWA should know in what places I like to run wild, so I wonder if that is why he bought me here. Oh, when I joined the Makai Club (in New Japan), a long time ago, the purpose was the same but it was different.
Q: This time the leader is Takashi Sugiura and some of the members are Kazushi Sakuraba, Kazuyuki Fujita, Kendo Kashin, Hideki Suzuki etc.
MURAKAMI: There are strong individuals (laughs) They have no reason to get together! But if what they want to do in the ring is the same, then they will all face the same way as they wish. For the time being I will just go wild with my own instincts as I wish, and depending on the situation at that time, it may even get out of hand with friends. 
Q: This will be the first time in ten years that you will have participated in Noah? 
MURAKAMI: The first impression that I had when I went there the other day was that there was almost no sense of Misawa anymore, but maybe I thought that because the two that were before me were those young boys (Nakajima and Kitamiya). Also, I felt the "Murakami Allergy" strongly from old Noah fans, but I was applauded when I came in last time. That was the biggest surprise for me. Maybe you can only applaud with corona, but if you can't boo, you can stamp.
Q: Where you disappointed? 
MURAKAMI: Yeah. However, to change perspective, I might be looking for "stimulation". You guys finally called me, is stimulation what you want? 
Q: Do you want to have an outburst because the days when you couldn't have a match went on? 
MURAKAMI: It's like, "Is it here?" The match was arranged for March of this year, but it didn't happen due to Corona. Even if I think "Here", I think the fact that things don't work out for various reasons is because it is not meant to happen now. So, "Is it here?". My goal was, "I will have a match by the end of the year", and the year end came and I said "Ahh, this is it". It feels like both Obon and New Year have come all at once, and I have been given a present. I am going to get another present for myself too.
Q: Should your opponents be prepared? 
MURAKAMI: Of course? Maybe, it's not going to be what those guys are thinking, that it is not going to be as bad as expected right? If you think "that's about it" with your own asshole standards, then it's going to be a bad experience, right? 
Q: The match format will be a seven on seven elimination match
MURAKAMI: I know the rules because it's a match format I used to have when I was in the "Makai Club" a long time ago, but basically I will let my instincts run as wild as I like! Well, I've been involved with Nakajima and Kitamiya, but I haven't with the other guys I saw. They have probably seen me in videos, that that is completely different from actually being "involved" with me, right? What? "Wow...I don't want to get involved anymore", I will do it as much as I want.
Q: Are you looking not only at this match, but also beyond? 
MURAKAMI: Yeah, if opponents don't run away. It depends on them. I will not refuse anyone who comes. I pick fights even without bait. 
Q: What do you care about in Noah now? 
MURAKAMI: It's like being blindfolded and suddenly dropped into a ring. So, as I don't know who it will be, for now I want to see the guy who seems like he "has spirit" and can "do more".
Q: Do you have something to say to the Noah fans...
MURAKAMI: I have an image that Noah fans have a deep love for Noah, but for outsiders like me, there is an "eat shit" allergy. Even if you can't express it vocally now, I want to taste it. I want you to desperately applaud the other guy, and use your whole body to show your rejection of me. Noah fans, can I expect you to do your best? 

Comments