(NOAH) Kaito Kiyomiya & Yoshiki Inamura's Noah GHC Tag Challenge, aim for "the main of the Budokan" if they take the belt.


THE DIGEST
14th December 2020

Pro-Wrestling Noah will hold the last big event of the year, "THE GIFT 2020 in NAGOYA" at the Nagoya Congress Centre in Aichi on the 19th December. In the main event, the GHC Tag Champions Takashi Sugiura & Kazushi Sakuraba will be challenged by the supernova combination of Kaito Kiyomiya and Yoshiki Inamura. Inamura withdrew from rebel unit, Kongoh, in response to Kaito Kiyomiya's call on the 28th October Korakuen Hall event in Tokyo. After this, he began to take action alongside Kiyomiya, and on the 1st December Korakuen event, Inamura said "Kiyomiya, I want to take a chance!" Kiyomiya responded to this saying, "Let's take the tag belt together!", and so the challenge was decided. 

When Kiyomiya fought against Inamura at "NEW HOPE", he was worried about Inamura, asking, "Can he stay in Kongoh the way he is?". Kiyomiya recalls, "I thought he had been in Kongoh for a long time, and nothing had changed". Inamura also said reflecting on how he left Kongoh to aim for further improvement, "Because I joined Kongoh, I was able to wrestle against various people as the number of enemies increased. Without being in Kongoh, I don't think I would have wrestled Kazuyuki Fujita or Kazushi Sakuraba. I gained experience, but I had no results. I also made a title challenge (tag). The number of members in Kongoh also increased with Katsuhiko Nakajima and Manabu Soya, and I was buried. Because of that I have to surpass the Kongoh wrestlers". 

On the 6th December at the Yoyogi 2nd Gymnasium in Tokyo, during an eight man tag Inamura revealed a "new technique" and took the three counts from Yuko Miyamoto. It was also on the 6th December at Yoyogi, when Sugiura, who will be an opponent, challenged Go Shiozaki for the GHC Heavyweight Championship. Although he was defeated, Sugiura fought for more than 51 minutes. Sakuraba had challenged Kenoh for the GHC National Championship. He was rolled into a bridge using a tight knee lock, and Kenoh took the pin. It seems there was no major damage done. 
Although they are challenging such a strong team, Kiyomiya says, "I want to do a lot of attacks that make the opponents think "Oh". I am thinking of doing something that they can't imagine, and taking the belt with momentum. Plus momentum, I want to show the future power of the pro wrestling world in Nagoya, and by mixing what Inamura and I think, I want to surprise Sugiura and Sakuraba. I want to show the future power of the pro wrestling world in Nagoya. Both Inamura and I will make the scenery superb!". 

The chemistry of Kiyomiya's glamour and Inamura's ruggedness is likely to shape Noah's future

Inamura said, "I want to get a result. I am thinking that this is a match for me, to put more pressure on myself, to strengthen my body. If you have simple physical strength, size and power, then you can't lose. If you polish it, and come in with it, the result will follow". Inamura vowed to believe in his strength and get the result. 

Their ambitions are not limited to the GHC Tag Team Championship. In the main event, which will be held at the Nippon Budokan in Tokyo (Noah will return for the first time in 11 years on February 12th, next year), it has been announced that Keiji Mutoh will challenge Go Shiozaki for the GHC Heavyweight Championship. Kiyomiya, however, says "I think there is a possibility of a main event. About that topic, I think we can build on winning the tag belts, and nominating dangerous challengers."
Inamura also said, "I want to aim to get a belt. If we go with how it is, then that match will be the main, so I want to get a result that will overturn that. I think that if we are the main, then the number of young fans will increase. I want to do my best."

Depending on the result of the 19th December Nagoya event, there is a high possibility that the development towards the Budokan will become visible, so I have high expectations for Kiyomiya and Inamura.

Comments