(NOAH) Why did Yuki Sato, Dick Togo's apprentice, become "Haoh" in Noah?


Friday, 15th January 2021
Pro Wrestling & Kakutougi News Site

Yuki Sato, who made his debut as a first year student at the wrestling school "SUPER CREW", which was launched by Dick Togo in 2005, currently belongs to pro wrestling Noah, and reigns over the Noah Juniors as "Haoh". 
So, why did Yuki Sato, who once belonged to KAIENTAI Dojo, and who thrilled as Kyun Sato in the shadowy pro wrestling organisation 666, participated in various indie promotions, and held tag belts with a Joshi wrestler, choose Noah? He talks about the true meaning for the first time.

"I've always wanted to help Kenoh"

Q: You made your debut as a pupil of Dick Togo, but how do you feel that that teaching is being utilized in Noah now? 
HAOH: First, the basic wrestling part is number one. I made my debut in a place called SUPER CREW, but basically I was mainly practicing basic wrestling, and basic physical strength, which I think is useful. 
Q: Daisuke Sasaki (DDT) and Yusuke Shiranami (BASARA) from your time in SUPER CREW, are still active wrestlers. 
HAOH: When I saw that Sasaki had become top in the other part of CyberFight, there was a bit of jealousy. Since then I have felt that he has been one step ahead of me, so I felt that I had to come here, leave results, and climb steadily so as not to lose to him. 
Q: It might be an associated group, but do you have a desire to fight Sasaki? 
HAOH: No, not now. I have my own battles. I think that it might happen someday, but for now it's not. I think and and Kongoh can go out into the pro wrestling world with Noah. 
Q: Haoh is quiet and serious, but what is the intention of doing so?  
HAOH: This is the basics. It's not possible to be the way I was before (laughs) I'm really a super serious person. 
Q: Speaking of the former Sato wrestler, you held a tag title with Riho, and there is the versatile image of MENS CLUB, Shinjuku 2-chome Pro Wrestling, and Kyun Sato. There is the image of KAIENTAI DOJO'S "bad child wrestler", and there is an image that even a talented Maskman can do anything. Is that sealed up now, or will it be bought out in the future?
HAOH: Well, I think it is a strong image. It's easy to bring out the parts of what I was doing before, but after all, this is a high level Noah fight and there is another self in me, so it's like running away. I don't think it's going to be a big easy going fight, and I am just trying to find out how take the three from a wrestler who is bigger than me, and has good skill. I want to pursue my current style so as not to spoil myself.
Q: I think you are the wrestler who has participated in the most various promotions of Noah now, but what is the different between Noah's "fight" and the other groups mentioned earlier? 
HAOH: I think that it the biggest, as I simply can't afford it. To be honest, when I first came I was confident that I would be able to get results immediately, such as challenging for a tag title, but it wasn't that easy. I was overwhelmed by the high level. It's the same with my own ability, and the biggest thing I have to do is raise the level in everything. 
Q: I believe there are many people in Noah, such as Nioh (Hi69) and Kenoh, who you had met before you came. 
HAOH: Well...even Kenoh, when he came here from the time as a junior, he couldn't get results and Kenoh, who I once fought with when he was sent out to various promotions, was unrivaled in strength. It would have been disappointing for him to have come here and not gotten results, and he was frustrated...actually, I've always wanted to come here and help. That is a solution. I haven't been able to get results with Nioh, who I am currently working with, and I don't think it is good for me or the promotion unless I succeed, so I want to do my best there. Changing my name and my style, I think even if I just throw it all away, then my determination is conveyed.
Q: It is a very basic question, but why did you name yourself "Haoh?"
HAOH: I have traveled through various promotions, and I am confident that I have various styles. I'm not someone who holds back, but I haven't been able to get results yet. Some people may think "What is Haoh", but in order to get closer to him I feel a determination to abandon my old style and come here. 
Q: I think it is your intention that you won't leave Kongoh as long as you have that name
HAOH: Of course, I am here with the intention of dedicating my life to it. I think that even by changing my name and style, my determination is conveyed just by throwing away everything. The people who liked my old character may have mixed feelings, but from now on I will be like this. It is an expression of my determination. 
Q: I think Kongoh is rebellious, but are you dissatisfied with Noah? 
HAOH: Rather than being dissatisfied with the company, my roots have always been rebellious. Do I have a strong desire to keep up with our boss, Kenoh? It's more like trying to make the people above us feel threatened rather than any dissatisfaction with the promotion. 
Q: In terms of career, I think Kenoh is the junior, but he's such a fascinating man. 
HAOH: Do you think so? Since Michinoku, he has never wavered in his true motive, and above all his beliefs are put into words which stirs the hearts of the customers. This can all be shown in the match. I don't think there is anyone else like him. In terms of career he might be a junior, but truly I have the most respect for him as the boss of Kongoh. I respect him. 
Q: Are you aiming for a junior title now in Kongoh? Originally your style was to fight open weight, but do you think that you will take the top position regardless of having a title or not? 
HAOH: I have the feeling it will eventually happen, but wouldn't it be meaningless otherwise? I always have the desire to defeat a superior, but the biggest thing is that I can't produce any results. No matter how loud I say it, it isn't convincing unless I produce results. For now, we will take the GHC Junior Tag at Yokohama Radiant Halls, and so after that I think the Budokan and the horizon beyond that will be visible. I wonder if it will all begin from there. 
Q: The February Budokan match card hasn't been announced yet, but do you want to have a title match? 
HAOH: The GHC Junior Heavyweight Championship has already been arranged; Yoshioka vs Harada. I want to say that Yoshioka went ahead, but this year especially I have the greatest desire to leave a result with Nioh, so primarily it's the GHC Junior Tag in Yokohama. I am going to take it, and look beyond it.
Q: I don't have an image of there being much involvement with Nioh (Hi69) during the KAIENTAI DOJO era? 
HAOH: He didn't belong to it yet, but it was when he was recovering from a serious spine injury and before he came to Noah. During that time we had a lot of matches, but we didn't form a team because it wasn't really possible. Since I made my debut we have been relatively close to each other through common acquaintances, so I am deeply moved to be able to have bounced around, be on good terms and then team up here. 
Q: Do you feel any differences in your partner from when you have tagged so far? 
HAOH: I think he is the most suitable as there are similar underlying styles. We were able to communicate with each other about what we want to do, and there are parts that we can do it without saying anything, and he is the best and easiest partner. I don't know much about Nioh's history since he came to Noah, but thanks to changing his name and renewing his determination, we have a strong desire to get results together. 
Q: Excuse me (for asking) after hearing of your determination, but do you have any plans to increase the number of Kings* following Haoh and Nioh in the future?
HAOH: It's not really the case. I don't know if people with that belief would appear in succession, so I don't think about it. I don't know what Kenoh thinks.
Q: It's an identification, but it's not really the aura of what kind of King enters Kongoh, it's more the name was changed due to the determination of two people. 
HAOH: Yes, that's right! It seems that Tadasuke, who recently joined is like that, what kind of King is he? (wry smile), it seems that it isn't spoken of and he doesn't mean to do it. I'm sorry to hear that from someone like a Strongman (laughs)
Q: Until now, I think you were basically in promotions that could only be seen on pay-TV, but now Noah has been broadcasting on ABEMA. Has anything changed by having matches where the general public can watch it for free? 
HAOH: Is my face well known? I get pointed at, so I feel embarrassed (laughs). I'm doing physique at the moment in the gym, and there are a lot of amazing people there, but there are people who are more muscular than me. I'm the smallest, so I am rather afraid when someone like a big strong man calls out to me. 
Q: When a macho calls out to you, "Is that Haoh?"
HAOH: That's right (laughs). There are fans who can't go outside and stay at home, and there isn't many chances for people to see matches free, and small promotions are still at high risk, aren't they? I am really grateful for the environment that means you don't have to go to the venue because you can watch it for free. 
Q: Did the year of the Coronavirus bring negative consequences to your career? Did you find any positive things? 
HAOH: I was in an environment when I was able to sharpen my technique by going to take the pin by using my head to steal it in a TV match when there was no one in the audience. That was a great plus for me. I was able to concentrate on fighting, and there was also a part where I was able to grow in the past year. There was the stress of being confined at home, but I thought it was an opportunity to reflect on myself. Since the basis was still on the fight, it was different if the customer was there or not, but only because we tell a story to them through the fight. I feel the customers are harder now. 
Q: Thank you very much. Finally, I would like you to give a message as Haoh, including those who knew Yuki Sato and those who knew Kyun Sato.
HAOH: Some people have known me for a long time, some have known me as Noah's Haoh who said when he came here, "I threw everything away", but the fans are the same and we will show a fight that can answer the hopes of all of friends of Kongoh. You can be at the venue through the screen, so please watch us in the future.


*Kings - the names that end in "Oh" i.e. Kenoh "Fist King", Haoh "Supreme King"

Comments