(NOAH) "Beyond New Japan...Budokan is a new start", Go Shiozaki reveals the future of Noah

2nd February 2021
Yahoo.co.jp\Sports Hochi

Pro Wrestling Noah will hold their Nippon Budokan event on February 12th for the first time in eleven years since December 5th, 2010. The event name is "DESTINATION 2021 ~ BACK TO THE BUDOKAN". 

When he regained the GHC at Korakuen on the 4th January last year, Shiozaki shouted "I am NOAH". Since then, in matches that he has won in the ring, he has spoken this line every match. I interpret it as having pride, and I asked him of his thoughts. 

SHIOZAKI: Misawa, Kobashi, Taue...I am confident that I will be able to fight and never run away under any situation, which is the fact of those who have built the history of Noah. I think I can only convey what I have cultivated and experienced in Noah. I think only I can do it, and now I am continuing to defend the GHC. That is why I think that is something that only I can say.
Q: In December 2012, you left Noah and transferred to All Japan. You rejoined Noah in 2016, but criticisms of your departure are still posted online. Do you have any regrets about the transfer at that time? 
SHIOZAKI: I have no regrets, but I think I had a valuable experience. I think I can now build on that. 

Like in the ring, he accepted the criticism online without running away. It has been seventeen years since his debut, and "I am NOAH" was the place he arrived at after various experiences. Then, with his own experiences in his life as wrestler, and carrying the signboard of Noah, he will stand in the ring of the Nippon Budokan. 

SHIOZAKI: The Nippon Budokan is Noah, Noah equals The Budokan. The GHC equals The Budokan. It doesn't matter what group holds an event there. It is Noah's Budokan. That is why I will have a match suitable for it, and defeat Keiji Mutoh, so it will be called Shiozaki's Budokan. 

Looking ahead to the future he said; 

"But that is not really the goal. The Budokan is the departure, I think it's a new start". 

The world of Pro Wrestling continues in the "strongest" era of New Japan. Will The Budokan be the starting point to remove this wedge in the future? 

"There is the desire to rise above New Japan, but for now we have to catch up with, and I want to be in a state where we can compete. We are not inferior in terms of fight, and as I continue to defend, I will bring Noah to a higher position. This fight, this way of thinking, and Noah's unstoppable battle will all be transmitted from The Budokan"

Comments