(NOAH) Fujita and Sugiura chug draft beer at the match signing


22nd April 2021
Pro Wrestling DX

*After they sign for the match*

Q: What is your enthusiasm for the title match? 
SUGIURA: The other day at the Korakuen pre-match we fought and I lost, but I will stand in the ring at the end of the title match in Nagoya. 
FUJITA: We have no choice but to do this. Right? We will show you a great match! Alright! Today is perfect for beer! BEER!

*A mug of beer is brought in*

FUJITA: Good, let's do it! It's the beginning. No grudges. 
SUGIURA: It's okay, but for kicking off the head of the predecessor...cheers

*They drink down the beer in one go, while crossing their arms*

FUJITA: Good! Another cup! Refill! Two!

*The second mugs of beer are bought in*

SUGIURA: Let's do this properly, get ready! I like Highballs, but what do you mean by this (laughs)


*They drink the beer down in one go for the second time, while linking their arms*

SUGIURA: I'll just turn this...
FUJITA: Aren't there snacks? There are none? Then Q&A!!
Q: How did you take the toast from Fujita? 
SUGIURA (BURPING): I took it as a burp!
Q: It's unheard of to drink beer at the signing ceremony...
FUJITA: No, I don't have any grudges anymore! I have no choice but to do this to celebrate our start! It's a week later, so if we drink today, it's a week later, so you can tailor this as much as you want. I thought that this maybe might be it...
Q: You were with Sugiura on the Olympic National Team, but the day has come when you fight to wear the belt...
FUJITA: You wouldn't have expected such a thing! I didn't think we would fight on such a stage because our classes and styles are different. 
SUGIURA: There was nothing like going to pro wrestling, because after Atlanta (the Olympic Games) was over, I went first. There was a moment when I thought, "Oh, I was beaten."
Q: What about the situation that the day has come where you are challenging Fujita for a belt? 
SUGIURA: Isn't this the best situation? Fighting for the belt is the best situation. 
Q: You were KO'd in the pre-match, but will it truly be a fight? 
SUGIURA: Oh, he's strong. He's tough. He is strong willed...because he just kicks peoples heads (laughs)
FUJITA: Haha..another cup! Another cup! Let's drink. Soon, I will have to beat his head! Bring it, bring it. Is the side dish a snack? Don't bring Kamaboko (laughs).

*Beer is bought in again*

SUGIURA: Is this hotel some kind of accomplice (laughs) How has all this been prepared like this?!
FUJITA: Drink freely and drink hard! Aren't there snacks? Kamaboko, Kamaboko! (Laughs)
SUGIURA: Well then, what about the hostesses? (Laughs)
FUJITA: Eh? Over there? (Laughs)
Q: Fujita, this will be your first defensive match, what kind of champion will you be? 
FUJITA: I'm not thinking of anything! It's fun, drinking and fighting! Nothing more. That's it. Isn't that good?
SUGIURA: Gee (belches) 
Q: I've done a lot of press conferences, but drinking alcohol...
SUGIURA: No way this has been done
FUJITA: I did it, because it's Sugi. Because it's Sugiura, lets talk openly. Let's do it in Nagoya!
SUGIURA: I will do it! I can't lose this drinking competition...
Q: You are the first champion, but what are your feelings towards the National belt? 
SUGIURA: I am the first generation. I have another chance. I have an emotional attachment to it, and I like the design.
Q: What kind of match do you want to have, and how will you win? 
SUGIURA: Which one will be the last standing? It's a match. 
FUJITA: Today too? Shall we compete? With this drunk? Is that okay? How it is not okay? 
SUGIURA: It's okay, but the last orders will end if we don't go and do it early. It is because of the time.
FUJITA: Well, let's go now.
Q: In the pre-match you fought head on, and it was a KO. Will the title match change the way you fight? 
SUGIURA: Not at all. Attack from head on. 


*They finish their beers, pose for a photo, and then go straight to the Izakaya*
(Izakaya is a bar serving snacks and drinks)

Comments