(NOAH) For Mitsuharu Misawa, Naomichi Marufuji was "The only attendant who he was never angry with"


13th June 2021
Yahoo.co.jp\BBM Sports

On June 13th 2009, Mitsuharu Misawa died in an accident during a match at Noah's Hiroshima event. For Noah's Naomichi Marufuji who spoke of Misawa shortly after the death of his senior, Misawa was his teacher as a pro wrestler, and set an example as a member of society;

"Misawa was a wonderful person, both as a human being and as a wrestler. If it wasn't for Misawa, and maybe if I hadn't been his attendant, I wouldn't be who I am now. About a month after I started, I was his attendant. That is why Misawa was the first adult for me to be a role model in society. As an attendant I was allowed to see various things, I watched matches close by or in a tag and as a result he became an opponent I fought against. Misawa didn't say much, but I learned a lot by seeing how he interacted with people. What was the most memorable thing he said? There is no question that he's never been angry, but Misawa said that I was the only assistant who he was never angry with".

This year will be Misawa's 13th anniversary. Currently, Marufuji is called "the symbol of Noah" and is leading The Ark as it rises in popularity.


Comments