(NOAH) Fourteen wrestler press conference: Marufuji's "inspirational confrontation" hypothesis of Mutoh battle, Sugiura acts recklessly with shocking confession at Noah's CyberFight Festival


2nd June 2021
Pro Wrestling DX

MASAO INOUE: On the day I will participate in the battle. I am pretty sure I know how to fight in one, so I definitely want to win. Thank you.

AKITOSHI SAITO: Its called a festival, so like a hot match in Saitama, we will make it an exciting battle. Thank you.

SHUHEI TANIGUCHI: Battle Royale, Funky, I want to have a match that will make everyone smile. Thank you.

MOHAMMED YONE: I am local to Saitama prefecture. My parents house is there. I want to bring excitement there. Let's make Saitama a lively party. Funky Express, I want to do it under the name of the "Saitama Excitement Army" on that day. I want to have such a wonderful match that it appears on ABEMA Double Speed News*. Thank you for your support.

KINYA OKADA: I have been practicing hard for that day. There have been some changes to the match cards, but I am still pretty focused. I will do my best to make this event exciting from the first match. 

JUNTA MIYAWAKI: I will play an important part in the first big match. Although it has been changed to a tag match, I don't think my motivation will go down, but rather it will rise day by day and reach its peak on the day of the match. I definitely want to make it a fight that will ignite the Saitama Super Arena. Thank you for your support. 

HAJIME OHARA: I have been fighting with Kotoge and Harada in the Noah Juniors for a long time. This is a fight that can only be done because of this relationship that has fought and spun history. We want to show the unique battle of the Noah Juniors to the world. Have fun, everyone. 

DAISUKE HARADA: Two days ago I took the GHC Junior Tag belt. At CyberFight Festival, the three of us with the singles and the tag will participate. With complete excitement, we will show you the current Noah Junior. Thank you.

ATSUSHI KOTOGE: This is Kotoge, the GHC Junior champion. The match provided I think is very important to offer because the fans of various promotions will gather on the day. I'm fired up, and will make the best match.
(Naomichi Marufuji and Takashi Sugiura turn to glare at him)

YOSHIKI INAMURA: I will attack head on and I want to fight to open up the future. Thank you. 

KAITO KIYOMIYA: I have been compared to Takeshita in the match against DDT, but I have never cared about that. Right now, we are in a situation where the older generation stand at the top, and we can't. This situation! I want to break it. I want to keep this feeling and fight with it at CyberFight festival. 

KAZUSHI SAKURABA: Eh...(microphone doesn't work) Hi, this is Sakuraba. Before the match A and B were proposed, I wanted to do A*...
TAKASHI SUGUIURA: Hurray, that's right 
KAZUSHI SAKURABA: Thank you
TAKASHI SUGIURA: CyberFight Festival...it's called a "festival", but it's already a war. Noah and DDT, survival of promotions, this is a war for survival. I don't know if it has been decided, but since we are going to fire Takeda (executive officer), DDT will fire Takagi (President). Because this is settled, we will never lose. This is a war. Do you understand!

KEIJI MUTOH is absent, so his comments are read out
"I am sorry that I could not attend the press conference today. However, I feel relieved because I didn't want to meet Marufuji, who is in the same unit, face to face before the match. Saitama is a festival for CyberFight, but for Marufuji and myself, there is a mutual obstinacy that we will never lose. This is a match between men. I ask the visitors, the WRESTLE UNIVERSE viewers, and my well known overseas fans to watch. As a member of Noah, I feel the same as everyone at the press conference today, I want it to be a great success."

NAOMICHI MARUFUJI: If you look at it, there are many forms of competitive battles at CyberFight Festival. I think the Noah wrestlers should do it in the state of mind that Noah is the most exciting. I myself would brand it a triple main event, but I think the GHC is actually the main event. By nature, I am not nervous at all, maybe because I am thinking positively, and I am really looking forward to the day. Mutoh, who spoke earlier, has an outstanding reputation in the world, so I will win this match and become a legend in the United States. 

Q: Marufuji, you lost two matches in a row in the pre-match and are in a difficult situation? 
MARUFUJI: Mutoh also knows that there is something to be honed while wrestling in a limited way. I want to wrestle a match while paying attention to everything so not to create an opening, one step of the foot, one finger.
Q: Did you find a strategy? 
MARUFUJI: Strategy...no. He's not an easy person to beat. In this situation isn't it a inspirational confrontation and an insight into that situation? 
Q: Sugiura and Sakuraba, are you going to wear masks on the day of the match? 
SUGIURA: Why do I have to tell you? 
Q: I am interested
SUGIURA: I'm not going to tell you
SAKURABA: Then...then I can't tell you either!
SUGIURA: Is that your character?
SAKURABA laughs.  
Q: Dino has a special technique...
SUGIURA: Are you saying it is the real thing? (Rest does not translate well)
Q: Which will you do, the spinning round bat death match which is Plan A or the Sugi\Saku belt defense, which is Plan B? 
SUGIURA: I will wrestle a normal match. It's Plan B. This is a war, and you, Takeda, your neck is on the line!
Q: Marufuji, did you find any new points of alert for your opponent in the pre-match? 
MARUFUJI: No, I haven't found anything, but he didn't bring everything in the pre-matches and in the title match he may do something out of the ordinary, so I will be watching out on the day. 
Q: Will you respond in kind? 
MARUFUJI: In kind...that's right. The match will be live, so I don't know what will happen until that day, but I am confident in dealing with it. 
Q: Kiyomiya, you are at a loss? 
KIYOMIYA: I am in this situation for the first time now, this current doubt may be bought with me to the ring. There are many emotions within me, and so I want to bring them all out in the ring. 
Q: Will there still be doubts left? 
KIYOMIYA: I still can't find the answer. 


*Abema Double Speed ​​News is a news channel which broadcasts on weekday nights.   
*A: Match where everyone spins around with their foreheads on a baseball bat

Comments