(NOAH) Tires are the origin of German suplexes without bumps (Interview with Yoshiki Inamura, Part 2)


Vitup.jp
17th June 2021

"Strongman" is a sport that is booming in the world, focusing on lifting heavy weights it is characterized by a wide variety of events. Inamura is working hard to "build a strong and big body" by incorporating items such as using tires into training. 
This time, we talked about the details and effects of training. 

Q: How much do your big tires weigh? 
INAMURA: The tires are in Noah's dojo, the big tire weighs 350kg and the small weighs 100kg. As the surface is worn as it is used and it becomes lighter, the large tire will weigh about 400kg in a new state. At the place where I went to practice before, I once flipped 500kg tires. 
Q: Do you come up with your training schedule yourself? 
INAMURA: There is a gym were I practice strongman, and I go there for instruction. The purpose of the Strongman competition is to lift heavy objects, so I practice lifting the weights while being aware of how I move my body. Since I started strongman training, the maximum weight of the barbell has also increased. 
Q: Please tell us about the program you are currently doing. 
INAMURA: The tire is flipped, then I do a "flip jump", followed by a "tire press". If I am in good physical condition, I try to do a "tire throw". The whole body is trained with flips and presses, and the flip jumps are aimed at improving cardiopulmonary function. I jump five times after flipping the tires, but it's pretty tough as I jump until I am out of breath. The tire throw aims to strengthen the throwing technique in the actual match.

FLIP JUMP
After flipping the tire, jump on the tire (which are at knee height) repeating jumping on and off five times. 

TIRE PRESS
In the same manner as a shoulder press, pull a tire of about 350kg up to your chest and push it with your whole body. 

TIRE THROW
Lift a 100kg tire and throw it behind you. 


Q: How often do you train with the tires? 
INAMURA: As there is a risk of injury, I do it when my body doesn't hurt. The day after a match I avoid it because of the damage my body has taken in my neck and my hips. In particular, I try to avoid tire throws if I have a slight backache. 
Q: Are you conscious of where to focus on strengthening? 
INAMURA: Tires weighing 350kg or more will not shift unless you use your whole body, so the aim is to apply them to your whole body, not to a specific part. You use everything, your arms, legs, abs, back and trunk. Tires are a lot harder to hold than barbells, so it's good to use even with your finest muscles. It's difficult to train with dumbells and barbells alone, I think even the finest muscles have to be trained, not to mention your large muscles. 
Q: It is a training that uses the whole body, what do you do to bring it to life in an actual pro wrestling match? 
INAMURA: In the match I used a technique called "GEKITOTZ", which is similar to sumo wrestling. It's a technique I use, which comes alive a flash. It's also perfecting for throwing the opponent to the other end. Another form of training such as throwing the small tires, has helped with the arching movements such as the belly to belly suplex. Since I started this tire training, I have been throwing German Suplexes without taking any bumps during the match. 
Q: Tire training increases the power of throwing techniques, doesn't it? 
INAMURA: To be sure, the barbell is originally shaped to be easy to hold, so it feels different from lifting a person, and in that respect tires are difficult to hold which is good practice when dealing with people. Since I am throwing something that wasn't originally meant to be thrown, it gave me the confidence that "If this is the case, could I even throw people?"
Q: Do you like to build your body in weight training, muscle training etc? 
INAMURA: I like it. From the time I had started watching pro wrestling, I have been longing to be a big wrestler. I have been training in judo and sumo before I started wrestling, but after getting to know big people in bodybuilding and strongman, my longing has become stronger and stronger. It's not just a desire to make my body bigger, but also to make it "stronger and bigger". So when I thought about what I should do for that, I thought that if I were to train to become stronger then it would naturally grow larger, and that led me to an interest in strongman. As a result of the training, my body has grown and my weight has increased from about 100 kg in at the beginning of my debut to 120 kg. 
Q: It it effective, isn't it? As the name implies, it is training for a strong man. 
INAMURA: Strongman training has been surprisingly effective for me. In the strongman world there were a lot of strong and big people, and I am still like an infant in this world. The well known Nakajima athlete describes it as "extreme human strength", and it's really amazing. So, with the feeling that I still have more to do, I will humbly train myself to improve my "personal strength".

Comments