(NOAH) "I won't do it anymore. This is the end" ~ Mutoh decides to permanently stop doing the Moonsault

9th July 2021
Tokyo Sports Web

Keiji Mutoh (58) also known as the "Pro Wrestling Master", who is synonymous with the Moonsault Press, has declared a "permanent ban". The ban on doing it was lifted during the GHC Heavyweight Championship, in which he was defeated by Naomichi Marufuji (41) on June 6th, but this time the decision has been made according to the voices around him and the fans. He made his decision according to his own principles. On the other hand, the incarnation of Great Muta shows signs of new evolution, as with Kenoh (36) who he fought with on the 27th June as a catalyst...

"I won't do it anymore. This is the end". Mutoh declared the end of doing moonsaults cheerfully. The trigger was the match against Naomichi Marufuji on June 6th, when he lost the GHC Heavyweight. Since undergoing artificial joint replacement of both knees in March 2018, he lifted his ban on his special move for the first time, and it has become a hot topic. However, the act was very dangerous, and Mutoh confesses "You can interview me like this only because I was lucky. If I was unlucky, my femur might have snapped, and I wouldn't have been able to walk for the rest of my life." Naturally, he was scolded by his doctor in anger immediately after the match. Fortunately, a regular examination two weeks later confirmed that the artificial joint (which cannot be replaced if it is broken), is safe, but the reactions of the fans was a shock. "There were many fans who said, "I don't want to see you moonsault anymore". Concerned about me they say, "I want to watch Mutoh's matches, so I don't do it anymore". That is why I regret it. I wrestled the match with 120% power with such a secret weapon". As a result of reflecting on this, he even felt self-loathing.

Mutoh added, "It's an odd story, but I didn't do this because I wanted to be a wrestler who would lead customers with about 60-70% of power. Even so, when it came out as 120, is it against aesthetics? That's right." Shaking his head he continued and said, "Besides, it's my immaturity that I can't create a development of a technique that would match the moonsault." But doubt isn't as dangerous to the genius as slowing down.

"So, something different and compelling. There is no technique that can match the Moonsault. However, I have no choice but to express a different form of pro wrestling." However, the incarnation of Great Muta is said to be seeing a new frontier. He came to the overworld on the 27th June for the first time in a while, and in addition to being able to spit poison mist and fire at Kenoh, "Not only did he win, but he went back to the demon realm hinting at new techniques". Although Muta was exposed to the "Flaming Kick" of Kenoh, who set his leg on fire, he said "I was wondering next if I could steal from Muta". Speaking of the kick technique of both Muta and Mutoh, there is the Shining Wizard, but I wonder if it can be said that it will evolve into a "Flaming Shining Wizard". Anyway, even if the belt has been lost it seems that the grand veteran, who is likely to evolve further, will make the mat even more interesting.

Translated from Yahoo.co.jp\East Sports Web
Picture credit  Yahoo.co.jp\East Sports Web

Comments