(NOAH) POST MATCH INTERVIEWS: N-1 VICTORY 2021 NIGHT 4 (20th September 2021, Noah Special Arena)


MASAKATSU FUNAKI

Q: Looking back on the match with Kitamiya? 
FUNAKI: In the early stages I lost a lot of physical strength not to take his back drop or Prison Lock. Well, I'm cunning and it ended up without showing the goodness of the opponent. 
Q: Looking ahead to the future of the league, did you manage to "preserve" as you planned. 
FUNAKI: That's right, but my leg was damaged and I was also deprived of my strength in the early stages so so much. 
Q: You are keeping undefeated in a row 
FUNAKI: Three more matches? I haven't even reached half way yet. Next is the match against Fujita. I will go steadily so as not to lose. 
Q: Both of you are undefeated, and this will be your first singles match since Real Japan
FUNAKI: It's been about two years, so I definitely don't want to lose 
Q: Fujita is becoming more and more violent 
FUNAKI: Well, I would like to have a match where I confront that in my own style. I will keep calm 
Q: Fujita emphasizes he is "aiming for the prize money"
FUNAKI: There is prize money? If there is, I will get it myself. To be honest, it's a natural thing for a professional. If that is the case, would you chose a commission over a fixed salary?* Not something I would declare. I come because there is money to win, and I am happy for that. 

*Original like was "would you have a match for 0 yen?" 


KAZUSHI SAKURABA

Q: It was a 30 minute time out draw? 
SAKURABA: ... Tired (laughs)
Q: Have you had experience of that in the past? 
SAKURABA: Hmmm, I have done about 20 minutes...but I don't remember. The longest is 90 minutes that I did with Royce (Gracie). Well, it's different from that. In the end I did a chokehold. The chokehold which is "has it or not", is (intuitively) subtle. So, in the end instead of squeezing, I should have made it into a "bar type" to stretch legs and arms. No more fault finding, Tanaka was great. But even if I think, "I was in", the points have subtly shifted and because of that my stamina has been reduced. 
Q: Even so, you didn't lose, and so you have stayed on the championship front. 
SAKURABA: What about the points?
Q: You have a good chance if you win the next match against Nakajima
SAKURABA: Eh? If I win, I can go up? I mean I'm tired, but I will do my best
Q: There is no time to think about wins or losses
SAKURABA: I don't think about track record. Well, I say the same thing every time and if I manage to get good results one match at a time, then good things will come later. I will do it each time instead of aiming for victory at the beginning. But today was a little disappointing, I couldn't give up.
Q: Next is the Nakajima match? 
SAKURABA: It's hard to do. I have done it in several tags, and it's hard. I can't read his facial expressions. Is he angry, laughing or nothing? When it hurts, people say "it hurts" and I think I can do something worse, I've done this several times in the past and so in that way I get confused. Is that okay? I want to go home and drink...


MASAAKI MOCHIZUKI
"Two matches and two wins! This win is huge! Huge! To be honest, when I won the first match, I thought "will it be safe to draw in one (in the match against Kashin)?", but then Kashin beat Kenoh. Even if I won in the end, there would be a possibility that it would be a deciding match. So today's win is huge. Well, this was the first time I fought a "wrestler who has no techniques". Still, he has presence. This was a win that could be called a coincidence, but I was lucky. Next is Kenoh. Kenoh has lost one, so I think I can go to the finals even if I draw with him, but if so, I don't think I can win the top of the table. But, I can take home three consecutive wins. This is a league with a tremendous number of members, and I think there will probably be some amazing people in the event. On top of the amazing members, great people will emerge, and with the gift of three consecutive wins, I will rise.


KAITO KIYOMIYA
"(Panting) Here...here for me, overcoming this it's a big thing...it was mentally painful...but here has been exceeded, and there is only one more! I will defeat Keiji Mutoh!"

Comments