(NOAH) "What's going on? Is that a King?" - "Tetsujin" Kenta Kobashi chops through the wrestling world.

September 5th 2021
Tokyo Sports

I have cut out the first part where Kenta Kobashi talks about Jun Akiyama in DDT. There may also be more to this interview as it ends abruptly, but at the time of writing nothing further has been published.

Q: In your old home Noah, Marufuji defeated Mutoh and returned the championship? 
KOBASHI: It is certain that Mutoh entered Noah and certainly it was revitalized. Mutoh came to Noah, and the attention of fans has risen. Mutoh said, "I want you to bleed my dry", and while I think that is fine from my point of view I was wondering about the wrestlers already there, "Is that okay?" "Isn't it annoying?"
Q: You wanted the forth of growth from the original wrestlers from the start to be as inspiring as Mutoh
KOBASHI: I think that regret was put to good use in the championship (in June when Marufuji took the belt from Mutoh). Marufuji and Sugiura are doing their best. Also, I'm looking forward to seeing how Go Shiozaki will return from injury. I met him the other day, it was a good feeling. On the whole, the overall balance of his body is getting better and better, so I said to him "Don't overdo it now, because now is crucial". He is too impatient to return and may get injured again, calm down with "you may feel motivated, but just keep calm and practice".
Q: In that sense, what are your expectations for Marufuji in the future? 
KOBASHI: During this time he has defended against Sakuraba, and next he will face the winner of the N-1 VICTORY, right? 
Q: Yes, his third defense will be facing the winner at EDION Arena Osaka 1st Stadium on October 10th
KOBASHI: That is why he is not appearing in the N-1, so if there is an injury he can heal it. He will be able to spent the tournament with peace of mind. If Marufuji does not do his best then Noah will only be wrestlers from elsewhere, so I would like the up and coming Noah Born to stir. Marufuji, Sugiura, Go, Kenoh, Kiyomiya...above all, I have expectations for Inamura.
Q: Yoshiki Inamura who is currently absent due to the fracture of the left fibula? 
KOBASHI: He has an injury now, but he's interesting. He is a pro wrestler who makes you feel the old days as in the current pro wrestling, there are many tall and thin people. The tire rolling. I am looking forward to it, and I want him to come back soon. As for Kiyomiya, it's not the case that he will always be worried. 
Q: What do you think about Shuhei Taniguchi currently? 
KOBASHI makes an angry noise
Q: No, that is now as "King Tany"...
KOBASHI: Taniguchi has always betrayed expectations. Now he is not going to bring it out finally...somehow it's vague and not clear. I will always support Taniguchi, because I want him to do his best. 
Q: As his former teacher
KOBASHI: Is it okay to leave it as it is, Taniguchi? I don't know if he is a King or something else, but is it okay? Even if there are no results, I think everyone would still say "Go for it Taniguchi" if he left his mark in the match or in some other way that only Taniguchi can do. (Raises one arm like Taniguchi when dancing) Does this leave traces?
Q: It's painful...
KOBASHI: If that is "King Tany's" character, then leave something behind. I think it is okay if there is individuality, and if there is individuality then the name will be just fine, leaving King Tany something in the ring. But if you say "King Tany" now, then it's "What's going on? Is that a King?"
Q: Funky Ex...
KOBASHI (interrupting): He's won, right? But that's the King inside. He has to become a bigger, real King. Yet, the King is 44. I don't expect it, but there are possibilities in terms of physical ability. 
Q: What should Tany do from here? 
KOBASHI: He can't appear in the N-1, but if he doesn't leave his mark and a response that makes all the fans say, "Why doesn't Taniguchi stick out?", then his presence will really disappear at this rate. For me, at the time of such a match, I always thought "I will leave a part of Kenta Kobashi". Singles league matches, a tag match on the lower card, I fought matches because I wanted to leave something behind for the fans who came to see me. I wonder if that has occurred to Taniguchi (stares into the distance). 
Q: What did you think when he was your attendant? 
KOBASHI: All the wrestlers who have been my attendants have all tried to leave something behind; Kanemaru, KENTA, Go 
Q: That is why there is a feeling of regret? 
KOBASHI: Whatever the name, "King Tany" is good. However, he has to leave a mark in his matches in the ring. Something, a trace. That is why the N-1 is so important. 
Q: It's exactly the reverse side of the N-1 for King Tany!

Translated from Tokyo Sports
Picture credit: Tokyo Sports

Comments