(NOAH) With the theme of evolution and presence, an interview with Daiki Inaba with a view to dispelling the "broken dream of the W-1 era".


8th September 2021
Noah.co.jp

Daiki Inaba has decided to participate in Noah's biggest league match of the year, the "N-1 VICTORY 2O21", returning with a physique that has become bigger in size in a grand way. One year has passed since he entered Noah's war, and he has finally got to fight at the front in earnest. He has entered into B block alongside Kenoh, Masaaki Mochizuki and Kendo Kashin. To establish "Daiki Inaba in Noah", I spoke to Inaba about his current feelings and honest intensions about facing the N-1.

Q: What are your frank thoughts before the N-1? 
INABA: I think it will be an important league match to get results in pro wrestling Noah
Q: It's a form in taking the opportunity, while some wrestlers were not selected 
INABA: It was one of my goals to be in the N-1, but its not just about entering. I would like to participate and fight hard with the goal of winning. 
Q: It's been a year since you entered Noah's war, and you haven't made a full scale cut into the top front. Do you have a strong feeling that the N-1 will be that opportunity? 
INABA: That's right. I want to strongly emphasize that I can fight at the top and leave results 
Q: You have entered B Block, the same as Kenoh, Kashin and Mochizuki
INABA: Firstly, two of them are wrestlers who use kicks; Mochizuki and Kenoh. Regarding Mochizuki, I think he is someone who is very "energetic", let alone in the match, so I want to appeal to that stamina and energy, and not succumb to it. I once fought Kenoh at the (ZERO1) Fire Festival, but I think I have grown a lot since then, and Kenoh has also left results. I think it will be a battle, but I want to leave a solid result and go up. As for Kashin...well it will be my first match, so if I can't grasp it easily I am going to have to use my head. It's not my favorite thing to do, so I want to fight without being drawn into the opponents pace. 
Q: What about Masaaki Mochizuki becoming your opponent in the first match? 
INABA: I think I am nervous because the N-1 is the first match, but I want to substitute it with my own power and collide. I think Mochizuki will also react to it. I would like to show an attack that goes beyond Mochizuki's capacity. 
Q: Since there are only three official matches, it is very important as to whether or not you can win the first match is very important. 
INABA: True. If I can take it, it will be advantageous. I think I can run through at once, so I want to aim for victory. 
Q: Even in the pre-matches, you have been fighting fiercely with Kenoh
INABA: Yes. He's also a former champion (GHC Heavyweight and National), and I want to fixate on the results of each. 
Q: Kashin is your opponent in the third official match, right at the end this schedule is like a trap that can scupper you at the last moment. 
INABA: I think I can make a match where I fight with Mochizuki and Kenoh, and for Kashin I am going to go with that attitude, and so putting my mind to it I want to switch to the next. 
Q: When you came up to Noah, Naomichi Marufuji was one of your targets. If you win, you can challenge him for the GHC Heavyweight Championship
INABA: Marufuji took the belt and went to a higher place, so I am grateful to be able to aim for that. The higher the goal, the better. In that sense as well, if I can get good results with the N-1 then I can step up to that point at once. 
Q: It's been a year since you came to Noah, how do you feel preparing to start from scratch? 
INABA: In the first place the weight was different. I thought "my body is not good enough", and I made my body bigger. I am not in a completed form, but I think that the force of the strikes and many other things have come out in my own way. I think I am going to have to make myself even stronger and evolve so I can do more and more with Noah. 
Q: Do you want to apply force with your honed physicality, even in a regular match? 
INABA: Of course I am going to do my best in each match without allocating a pace to play it by ear. I still have to think about the fact that singles will continue...
Q: You are still in the process of evolution, but what kind of form are you in Noah? Are you still finding your focal point? 
INABA: That's right. While searching both physically and in the match, it is a phase that evolves while adapting. I would like pro wrestling fans and Noah fans to see that "Inaba is skilled too". I want pro wrestling fans and Noah fans to see that.
Q: Is there a wrestler in another block who you would like to defeat in the finals? 
INABA: I have a connection from the WRESTLE-1 era, or rather with a wrestler who broke my dreams, one of the reasons why I came to Noah is to dispel that. 
Q: When he was the champion of WRESTLE-1, Katsuhiko Nakajima who came to fight from Noah, stole the belt and the promotion closed down before you were able to recapture it. 
INABA: Yes, there is a part that is forever in my heart. 
Q: Keiji Mutoh, who was also the head of WRESTLE-1, will also participate
INABA: I have fought him several times in a tag, but never in a singles, so of course I want to try it. 
Q: What kind of N-1 League match do you want it to be? What kind of domination do you want to achieve? 
INABA: I would like to strongly bring out Daiki Inaba, and instill the image that Daiki Inaba is like this as a wrestler! I would like to win the championship after planting this image. 

Comments