(NOAH) "How to win to drive the times", champion Nakajima's cherished desire to exceed Tanaka - 30th October Hakata GHC match signing ceremony


25th October 2021
Pro Wrestling DX

GHC Heavyweight Championship
Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Masato Tanaka

TANAKA: I'm really in the best physical condition these days and until that day I want to tan, tan some more, and stand in the ring at the end, even more tanned.
NAKAJIMA: Right now, I am experiencing the fear and terror of Masato Tanaka. However, Fukuoka is also the place where I was born, so I want to win from Masato Tanaka who I have never beat before, raise my belt and leave the ring.
Q: What is your impression of Masato Tanaka? 
NAKAJIMA: Strong. I have never beat him. I think he's the strongest ever. He's the best challenger. 
Q: Has he been the one to surpass the whole time?
NAKAJIMA nods silently
Q: Tanaka, what is your impression of Nakajima? 
TANAKA: He beat the amazing league and then won the championship, focusing on the title match. Marufuji went up to the ring in the best physical condition, but Nakajima still won. I know that is amazing, but I am confident because I have never lost.
Q: What is the meaning of the fear of Tanaka? 
NAKAJIMA: Well, it's like the posters. Scary no matter how you look at it.
Q: Are you fighting that feat right now, or are you enjoying it?
NAKAJIMA: I'm savoring it.
Q: This will be an important first defense match for you in your hometown, but what kind of course do you want to show as a champion? 
NAKAJIMA: I've never won against him. There is nothing more I can say, but of course I'm not going to lose. I never thought it would be like this with Masato Tanaka. Isn't it strange? I am in a situation where I have a belt, and he is the challenger to my champion. This is exactly "equal". On the 30th October in Fukuoka, I will protect the belt in a way that drives the times. 
Q: What kind of match is ideal, and what kind of victory is ideal?
TANAKA: What kind of match? I have won singles many times, and I don't know how many more singles there will be in the future, but I want to win this time and he will never be able to beat Masato Tanaka. I want to make it circumstances that he can never say to me he wants to fight.
Q: Sugiura mentioned earlier that he wouldn't lose out to the GHC Heavyweight Championship?
TANAKA: Kannazuki* is going to be here, right? Then I can't lose. 
Q: Why do you think that you haven't been able to win the three singles so far?
NAKAJIMA: I wonder why? Why do you think?
TANAKA: Should I tell you why? In rock-paper-scissors, paper can't beat rock.
NAKAJIMA: Then, there is no choice but for rock to break through that thin paper   

*ABEMA commentator. Tanaka is parodying Takashi Sugiura, who said that as Kannazuki isn't going to be in Kumamoto, then his match is going to be better than the GHC Heavyweight.

Comments