(NOAH) "I wanted to get rid of the glitzy look, and focus on professional wrestling" - the full resurrection of Noah's Supernova, Kaito Kiyomiya confesses the true intention of of his image renewal

1st October 2021
BBM Sports/Yahoo.co.jp

Kaito Kiyomiya escaped from his long and painful slump, and advanced to the best four of Noah's single league tournament, "N-1 VICTORY 2021". In the official A Block he picked up two consecutive victories by defeating Manabu Soya and Takashi Sugiura, and drawing with Keiji Mutoh. Having won in the fierce battlefield, he proceeded to advance to finals night. 

"Even though I won A Block, I am disappointed. I thought this was the last chance and challenged myself. Before the match I wondered if there would be another single match in the future, but there will be no next chance. But this one point is huge. One point from a draw with Keiji Mutoh. I will keep this in mind when I fight the last two matches. This is my third single with Mutoh. I lost twice in the past, and this time I really wanted to get my first victory, but the result was a 30 minute time out draw. On the other hand I didn't win, but for the first time I didn't lose. Of course I am disappointed, but since I decided to advance to the N-1 finals, I am already looking to the future."

From the N-1, with black hair and long tights, his image has been completely changed from blonde hair and glitzy gowns. His dignity stands out with the elimination of "decoration".

"I try not to worry about what people around me say, but my family was the most surprised. My Grandma said, "I like it better now." I didn't intend to wear a gown anymore when I entered the N-1. Black is my true self, before I went on excursion I wore black. First of all, I wanted to get rid of the glitzy appearance of blonde hair and gowns, and concentrate on professional wrestling."

Kiyomiya's change is not just about appearance. In the second match against Sugiura he took the three counts with a backslide pin. Before the opening of the N-1 on the 3rd September at Yokohama and at the 6th September at Shinjuku FACE he showed a fierce countenance in the war against NOSAWA Rongai. 

"I don't think it's a conscious change myself, but I do think my feelings are reflected in matches. When I was troubled, I had a lot of different experiences but right now I don't think too much about it, I just face each fight in front of me calmly."

Kiyomiya's opponent in the semi finals will be his rival, Kenoh. This will be their first singles match since last November.

"I was planning to face Kenoh in the finals. He is not an opponent who I can think about winning over later in the finals. It is always a fierce fight. At the 6th September Shinjuku elimination, I lost in singles combat but I was exhausted at that time. Kenoh is the wrestler I know best in Noah. I can't win unless I bring everything out."

Until the opening of the N-1 he has been in conflict, addicted to anguish as he was hooked on the profound genre of pro wrestling and little by little things have begun to progress and he cannot stop again. 

"Finally, things have started to progress from the N-1. Each match is important. I want to push forward". 

Even if Kiyomiya wins the semi final match against Kenoh on the 3rd October at Korakuen Hall, in the main event the semi final winner of Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Masakatsu Funaki will be waiting. Furthermore, if he becomes the N-1 champion, he will challenge Naomichi Marufuji for the GHC Heavyweight Championship on the 10th October at the EDION Arena in Osaka. It will be a tough fight, but Kiyomiya intends to climb up to reach the top again. 

Comments