(NOAH) GHC National match signing: Mochizuki is calm, Kenoh declares "Stop the middle aged" and declares a Kongoh monopoly on single titles


12th November 2021
Pro Wrestling DX

KENOH: Stop the middle aged*. The Pro Wrestling Noah of today is occupied by old men around the age of 50. I lost to Fujita and he took the belt. Then it went to Sugiura and now it has gone to Masaaki Mochizuki. All of them are in their 50s. Pro Wrestling Noah is occupied by old men and I want to hear a young voice like this in Noah, I don't know what it sounds like, but its not right its the voice of the 50s? I want to hear young and courageous voices in Pro Wrestling Noah. Hey, the days of the old men are over! I will take this belt from Mochizuki tomorrow and I will do so the new young voices of Pro Wrestling Noah can be heard now.
MOCHIZUKI: I am Masaaki Mochizuki, I am 51 years old. Well, I was thinking about other comments, but please listen carefully. In truth, I think it's all about how you look at the match and how you win. I'm going to stop the development of young people...I don't feel that when I go back to DRAGONGATE, but honestly, I think that the true essence of a young person rises when he stands firmly against the seniors and overcomes them. Well, I think that is the situation now because it hasn't been achieved yet, and I will stand as a wall. Because this is a belt that was taken from Takashi Sugiura, I can't afford to fall in the first defense. That is the strongest feeling now.
Q: What is your impression as a wrestler?
KENOH: I think Mochizuki is a good wrestler who can bring no matter what opponent he is fighting against to his own pace. So he analyzes calmly and says he has been fighting at the top for years, but I have been fighting at the top for a decade and for me watching it, I'm tired of how this guy fights. I will end it tomorrow.
MOCHIZUKI: I lost to Kenoh in this years N-1, and I had one image up to that point. Recently there has been a completely different image. When Kenoh came to Osaka to challenge for the TWINGATE, I thought he was bold and I realized that surprisingly, he is someone who wrestles honestly. So, I think he is a dexterous wrestler and personally I wondered if I could grasp my target pace and rhythm as much as I could with his style of wrestling. Yes, I am confident that I can do it in that situation. I am confident of winning. Well, as I just said, I want to hold my pace and win strongly.
Q: How do you feel about the red belt that you have worn?
KENOH: Of course there are feelings, but who do the fucking assholes watching think look good with this belt? It's definitely me. Aren't there five people who have worn it so far? There have been five, but who suited it best? The answer is of course me, Kenoh. Tomorrow, this belt will be worn by the man who suits it best, so please look forward to it.
Q: Aleja will challenge for the junior title, and Nakajima is the current GHC Heavyweight Champion. Can Kongoh bring the situation to monopolize Noah's single titles? 
KENOH: Of course. For starters, if Aleja takes the belt and then I do, Kongoh can complete Noah's single belts. Of course I am thinking about that and focusing on tomorrow I am increasing my readiness. 
Q: Mutoh and Marufuji will challenge for the Tag Team Championship, but will there be a friendly competition with the M's alliance? 
MOCHIZUKI: Certainly. I think that in the main Mutoh and Marufuji will win the tag neatly, and so in the semi final I want to defend strongly and connect it to them. 
Q: There are plans to hold the Nippon Budokan on New Years Day, but what do you want to do as champion and what are you looking forward to?
MOCHIZUKI: It may be rude of me to say this having come this far coming out and wearing the belt, but I am not an affiliated wrestler and so I don't know when there will be an offer for another match, so I can't really say anything until tomorrow is over. Of course I would be grateful if I could participate at the Budokan, but if I do a bad job....I take each match one by one and I have a lot of thoughts that if I do a bad job then there will be no next one. I am always going to wrestle this way in Noah. I'm not thinking about the future. 
Q: What was the damage caused by Mochizuki's palm strike?
KENOH: By the way, while talking at this press conference you saw that I was stuttering badly during the second half, right? Why do you think it was? My lips that were stuck together opened and I talked again. Hey, Mochizuki. I remember. This pain in my lips, tomorrow, I will let you taste it. And finally, I am sorry for stammering.
Q: What kind of advice did Funaki give you at Korakuen Hall on November 10th? 
MOCHIZUKI: Well, I know how to strike more or less, and according to research in Weekly Pro, it's a technique that I used only twice seven years ago, but it would have been a match with kicking (rough). However, I felt that I couldn't really kick so easily after we had faced each other so many times. I had a bit of a crisis when teaming with Funaki on the 10th, for some reason or another I had used it before...it's not that I was so ignorant of the palm strike that I was trying to imitate it. After all, Funaki is really the founder for the palm strike. I listened to the part that hits and learned exactly which part of the palm to hit with, and where to hit on the opponents face for it to be the most effective.
Q: What was the effect?
MOCHIZUKI: It was more than double what I could imagine. I watched the video when I got home, and I really surprised at how it worked so beautifully. The response was extremely perfect. 

*Refers to people around 50 years old, there is nothing as exact as this in English so I have substituted it for middle aged.

Comments