(NOAH) "New Japan, Eat Shit" Naomichi Marufuji interview


23rd November 2021
Noah.co.jp

With the sudden announcement of a competition between New Japan and Noah at the Yokohama Arena on the 8th January 2022, Naomichi Marufuji, the symbol of Noah, was asked his honest opinion.

Q: A fight with New Japan has been arranged? 
MARUFUJI: I'm looking forward to it. Personally, as both a junior and a heavyweight, I've been to New Japan a lot and in terms of something new I think it would be more interesting to have a close up of New Japan wrestlers that I have never fought before. Even so, my own wrestlers may still be under pressure in terms of the amount of experience and state of mind, but I am of the opinion that if you are confident then you can do everything. I know that well with New Japan wrestlers. But as they were superior right? I was watching their comments (rough, does not translate well)
Q: Kazuchika Okada said, "If we are The Olympics, then Noah is a local High School athletics meet."
MARUFUJI: I don't know, the local High School students are amazing (laughs) You've turned High School Students all across the country into enemies, Okada-kun.
Q: There is also the aspect that your name was the one that came out for Noah, such as by Takagi Shingo.
MARUFUJI: That should ignite our young guys, don't you think? But on the contrary, I'm not really interested in the top!
Q: You have fought with Okada in an IWGP match, and you have fought with Hiroshi Tanahashi at various points when you were younger.
MARUFUJI: Hmm, I don't really want to say who, but there are only a few wrestlers I want to fight. 
Q: Wait for them to catch on before you say? 
MARUFUJI: It's okay if they don't, I'm not going to say. 
Q: How are you going to take advantage of this opportunity? 
MARUFUJI: New Japan is certainly number one in the Japanese pro wrestling world, and they might have numbers different from us by a magnitude of zero, but we are not going to be inferior! Isn't this a good opportunity to show the current momentum of Noah!
Q: This will be the first time in five and a half years that Noah has encountered New Japan?
MARUFUJI: Yes, everything is definitely different from that time, so I think that it will be a good stepping stone for both our juniors and heavyweights. Thank you for taking the time to prepare such a stage. 
Q: Anyway, these are not friendly matches, but a rivalry?
MARUFUJI: What is a friendly match? Let's do fun wrestling? Certainly, I have teamed up with Toru Yano and other New Japan wrestlers, but that was just me individually. Match choice? Naturally. The champion (Takagi) said "It depends on Noah to make this a friendly or a rivalry", but with that option (friendly), I don't have that feeling.
Q: A rivalry can be called a potent drug
MARUFUJI: If we had an disadvantage, it would be our wrestlers having a boring match and that is something that every one of us really has to be aware of, but with our current wrestlers we can go now. There is also the response, which I will say last; New Japan, eat shit!

Comments