(NOAH) Displaying "Noah's strength" to New Japan as the focal point, Gōwan Shiozaki's resurrection supported by Kobashi!

Yahoo.co.jp/East Sports Web
8th December 2021

The returned "Gōwan*" will be the focal point of Noah's army. Go Shiozaki (39) will challenge the GHC Heavyweight Champion Katsuhiko Nakajima (33) at Tokyo's Nippon Budokan event on January 1st next year, showed extraordinary motivation to recapture the belt. 

In response to the expectations of teacher, Kenta Kobashi, who supported his nine month absence from the ring, he will prove Noah's strength in the fight against New Japan to be held at their event at the Yokohama Arena on January 8th. 

For Shiozaki, who had won the Tokyo Sports Pro Wrestling Award for "Outstanding performance", 2021 was a difficult year. He lost to Keiji Mutoh at the Nippon Budokan in February and with it the GHC Heavyweight that he had held for about a year. After that in March, he underwent surgery for the "dislocation of the right biceps tendon" and was forced to leave the ring for nine months.

"For 2-3 months after the operation, I couldn't practice at all. Even after that the recovery was really little by little, and I was sometimes worried thinking that "Will I be able to recover my mobility again?" It was Kobashi's presence that supported him in the midst of steady rehabilitation and the anxiety of not being able to practice. 

"The hospital I was attending was near Kobashi's gym, and I occasionally stopped by on my way home. At the time I was repeatedly told "Don't rush". The power of words? Completely. Because he is the one who has done more rehabilitation than anyone else. For the first time I was told "Don't practice" (Awkward laugh) I've always be told to "practice". 
Thanks to following that advice, he made a good recovery and returned to the ring at Noah's Nagoya event on the 5th. 

Recalling the joy of returning to the ring, Shiozaki said "As I savored the joy of returning to the ring, I experienced the greatness of a Noah match again. I'm not going to stop from here." He intends to raise it to the top gear at once for the title match with Nakajima on New Year's Day. "That belt doesn't look good on anyone other than me. Certainly, after I passed it to Keiji Mutoh and then it went to Naomichi Marufuji and Katsuhiko Nakajima, the brilliance of the belt has become even more dazzling, but it's mine. I will take it back". Shiozaki hit his thick arms. 
Beyond this, he is looking ahead to the fight with New Japan on January 8th. Shiozaki says confidently "I think that fighting and experiencing the difference will be there. For Noah I have the chance to take the belt on New Year's Day and show "I am Noah" as the champion to the New Japan fans and wrestlers." 

To support that statement, at the pre match at Korakuen Hall on the 7th, he took the pin directly from Nakajima with a powerful lariat and declared a complete recovery. With this momentum, 2022 will start in the best possible way.


*Literally "Strong arm", Shiozaki uses it as both a description, a finisher, and a pun on his name "Gowan" i.e. "Go on".

Comments