(NOAH) Keiji Mutoh vs Go Shiozaki, 12th February GHC Heavyweight at Nippon Budokan, wins 2021 Pro Wrestling Awards "Best Bout".


14th December 2021
Puroresu Today

The 2021 Pro Wrestling Awards "Best Bout" of the year was awarded to the GHC Heavyweight Championship of Keiji Mutoh vs Go Shiozaki at the Nippon Budokan on the 12th February 2021. The selection committee, for the 2021 Pro Wrestling Awards as established by Tokyo Sports, which celebrates its 48th anniversary this year, was held on the 13th and Keiji Mutoh vs Go Shiozaki's GHC Heavyweight Championship match which took place at the Nippon Budokan on February 12th 2021, was selected for "Best Bout of the Year". Mutoh took the belt, and achieved the third major championship "Grand Slam", together with the Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship of All Japan and the IWGP Heavyweight of New Japan, following Kensuke Sasaki and Yoshihiro Takayama. This is Mutoh's third annual best bout award in ten years (2011 and 1999), and Shiozaki's first best bout award.

The comments of each wrestler at the time of the award, are as follows;

Keiji Mutoh
"Thanks to East Sports Puroresu Awards 2021, I was able to win "Best Bout". I think this is all thanks to my opponent, Go Shiozaki, and to everyone on the Noah staff who supported me. Even I, who has a little physical weakness, can win the award, makes me once again feel that pro wrestling is an art form. Actually, I was also aiming for MVP, but that has fallen away somewhat, and so I will do my best to aim for MVP next year."

Go Shiozaki
"Thank you Tokyo Sports for the Puroresu Best Bout Award. It was a match that I fought with pride and confidence in green. I lost the match, but I am very happy to win the award. I will continue to devote myself to this, so please support me. At Pro Wrestling Noah's New Year's Day Nippon Budokan event, the GHC Heavyweight belt must be wrapped around my waist. Please provide some support. I AM NOAH!"

Comments