(NOAH) Kenoh "Opening the door to a new dream" - Road to the 1st January Nippon Budokan fight


16th December 2021
Proresu-today.com 

Pro Wrestling Noah will hold their Nippon Budokan event "ABEMA presents NOAH THE NEW YEAR 2022" on New Year January 1st. This is an interview with Kenoh, who will defend the GHC National Championship against Kaito Kiyomiya at the event. He talked about his feelings for the big match at the Nippon Budokan on his birthday, his reflection on a turbulent 2021, his thoughts on Kongoh members and his dream for 2022. 

Review of 2021

Q: I think in 2022, you had many matches that were very intense, including activities in other promotions. Please tell us about the memorable events and memorable matches. 
KENOH: It's hard to narrow it down to one. But with the National belt in 2021, I dropped it once this year and regained it and so 2021 will end with the belt. It may have been a satisfying year, but I couldn't realize my dream of entering the Nippon Budokan at the end, and therefore with the aspects of both extremes, it's not a sufficient year. 
Q: Satisfaction must be 100%
KENOH: Yes, either 100% or 0%
Q: Kenoh, I think you are a pro wrestler who issues various messages, but in response to your remarks, how about a response to something like "Kenoh said something amazing?"
KENOH: It was really said at the time of the CyberFestival (CyberFight Festival in June). Well, it wasn't really anything that I said, it was more like being told by those fucking haters, but I think it was only me that made that event so hot. There is a feeling of "What the fuck" when it is said, but I don't think it's a style that should be broken. 
Q: I see. I think you have strong mental power. I think you could be a mental coach. 
KENOH: Mental coach? 
Q: I think you are confident in what you say, but on the other hand you are not slanderous. How do you prepare your mental attitude for what people like your haters say? 
KENOH: That is something I really don't care about anymore 
Q: Amazing!


KENOH: Well, I'm a little lonely without haters, so if I bring it into the situation, then I can withstand the slander. I think a book of know-how is coming. 
Q: If you like, it would be a good idea to hold a mental seminar at Wrestling TODAY! As with the 60 minute match you had against Katsuhiko Nakajima the other day, have you had a match that impressed you in retrospect? 
KENOH: Counting from the first half of the National, I have fought with wrestlers who themselves have fought in MMA and other mixed martial arts, including the match against Masakatsu Funaki at the Nippon Budokan. In pro wrestling, it has been a year when I had a singles match the top Great Muta in both Japan and The United States. It was also the year when I was slandered at CyberFestival and fought against the president of my company (Sanshiro Takagi), sixty minutes with Nakajima...I think it has been a wide range of content.
Q: True. When 2021 started, it wasn't a declaration of a fight in all directions like "I'll do it like this", but were you aware of that? 
KENOH: That kind of awareness...of course, that's my style. I think this year it's been confirmed that I can stick to my style without being aware of it. 
Q: You have a strong support with fans of your style, and it's amazing that you have been able to achieve various things. 
KENOH: Even if there is support, there are many disapprovals, so I think there has been the question of "I wonder", but I am glad I was able to achieve it. 
Q: Looking back, there was also an irregular match against DRAGONGATE at this time. It was a great surprise (note, rest of sentence does not translate well). Do you have a plan next to meet people who you have not met before? 
KENOH: I entered with the intention of defeating YAMATO, the face of DRAGONGATE, and with YAMATO'S offer, it became a tag match. Anyhow, saying that I think to make it happen is up to me, so it's something I would like to think more about as well. 
Q: Is this an impression of saving it for future anticipation? 
KENOH: That's right. 


Opinions on Kongoh members in 2021

Q: There are various members in Kongoh, so please tell us your impressions of each from your perspective over the past year. 
KENOH: I think it's been a year of success for Nakajima to have approached the GHC Heavyweight belt in sincerity and as result held it. The other members don't even have a belt, and are hiding behind myself and Nakajima. Well, Aleja has just entered, but as Kongoh I would like them to think about it with a strong conviction and in 2022, I want them to get them. 
Q: Do you ever send such a message to each member in the background normally, is there is anything like "you should do this?"
KENOH: At that point I don't think it would be Kongoh to say that. I don't need to say it because I think it's Kongoh taking the lead in thinking about their own intentions or looking at me and learning. 
Q: I see, establishing themselves as members who can communicate by themselves, and then stand on their own. 
KENOH: Yes. Because this is Kongoh, if you were to say "Please give me advice" it would be "Please quit Kongoh".
Q: For instance, will there be new members of Kongoh in 2022? 
KENOH: Pro Wrestling Noah, it's Kongoh who gives a new stimulus to the pro wrestling world, and so I am thinking about that as well. 
Q: This is a great thing to enjoy pro wrestling, isn't it? 
KENOH: Of course. 
Q: I think that part is good as the number of members increase, and new combinations and matchmaking will expand.


Kenoh's Birthday

Q: You will be celebrating your birthday on January 1st 2022. How do you feel about celebrating it at the Nippon Budokan? 
KENOH: The Nippon Budokan was my dream. I am very happy to have my birthday there, but on the other hand, I had the dream of entering the venue at the very end of the main event, and I am disappointed that I couldn't make it happen. So the ratio is 100 to 0. 
Q: Well, on second thoughts you could say perfectionism. 
KENOH: It's not 50/50.
Q: So, there are feelings of joy and feelings of 0.
KENOH: That's it. It's not 50. It's too to 0. The bottom is 0. 
Q: Your dreams continue on, and you still have the joy of being able to take on challenges in the future. 
KENOH: The phrase "I will take you to The Budokan" came true, and a bigger dream was born. I think it's a dream that will grow bigger, and bigger still once it comes true, so I want to keep chasing my dreams for the rest of my life. 

The Nippon Budokan National Championship

Q: Finally, for the 1st January GHC National Championship, what is your enthusiasm for the match against challenger Kaito Kiyomiya? 
KENOH: It started when Kiyomiya was young with a send off match before he went abroad, and when he returned I was the GHC Heavyweight Champion, and he challenged me for that for the first time. From there after a while I fought him at the main event at Sumo Hall, and following that the best impression is that we have finally reached the Nippon Budokan while developing many singles and title matches. 
Q: You have bought this card to The Nippon Budokan...
KENOH: But not in the main event. The disappointing part about that is the semi.
Q: Kiyomiya himself has changed his style. I think that his change to long tights and his hair changing from blonde to black, and I think that once again change is happening. What was your impression when you fought him in the pre-match? 
KENOH: There was only one pre-match, and I lost once before in Nagoya before that, so I wonder how he has changed? I think this year was the year he struggled, and I want to experience his growth. I want to understand what has changed.  
Q: There have been a lot of battles with legends this year, but I think the Nippon Budokan on the 1st January will really be the battle for Noah's 2022, especially since it's on your birthday. I think the feeling of beginning the year will be quite different depending on whether you win or lose. 
KENOH: That's right. First of all in 2022, my dream will come true; entering in the main event of the Nippon Budokan. In order to make that come true, I want to get off to a good start. Although it is the semi, I would like to make it an event to make a good start in order to enter last at the main event. 
Q: By the way, how will your birthday be celebrated after this match? 
KENOH: Will I be eating birthday cake a winner, or eating it a loser? Even if I buy the finest ones, the taste will definitely change...
Q: It will be different certainly
KENOH: If that is going to be the case, then even if I buy a cake for 100 yen, I want to make it taste like the finest cake and for that I want to finish with a victory at the Nippon Budokan.
Q: Will you celebrate privately with the other members of Kongoh on your birthday? 
KENOH: I'm not doing such a nauseating thing.
Q: You don't do that because it's Kongoh
KENOH: Of course


Target for 2022

Q: What are your goals for 2022? The important thing to keep in mind is standing at the end at the Nippon Budokan, but is there anything else in 2022? 
KENOH: There is only one goal, which is to enter at the main at The Nippon Budokan. Well, I don't know if there is just one, but I think it is important to go step by step towards that goal and overcome adversity. On January 1st I want to overcome that obstacle, and get off to a good start to achieve my goal. 
Q: 2021 is about to end welcoming a challenger. In 2022, Noah feels a tremendous momentum, but do you feel that kind of momentum for yourself? 
KENOH: "There is momentum", but when I look at the crowds for big matches, I don't think there is a vigorous number. If a big match isn't packed, then you can't really say there is momentum. I don't think that other wrestlers are thinking about that anyway, but I like to think about it. 
Q: Kenoh isn't just looking at the trees, I get the impression that you are looking at the bigger picture*. I don't think there are many wrestlers who have that kind of idea. You yourself, or Kongoh, will produce it and you will be the detonators to liven up the promotion. The same with the unit. Does that mean that you will continue to have the idea of setting up various fights? 
KENOH: No matter how big the company is or the parent company is, I think a gap can be seen. I can't speak for the other guys, but since the President hates me, I can say anything. I have a lot more to say that I want to make this a better company. It's the case with the attendance figures, which is currently sluggish, but it was just like that when I told him to improve WRESTLEUNIVERSE. That's it. I think the company will work if I say something about change, and give advice repeatedly. 
Q: Do you have an image that an influential voice has increased? 
KENOH: I feel like my voice has got louder, but that's all. There is also opposition. When it's equal to that I don't really think about it because I think it's a plus I am louder. 
Q: Because you have the in ring ability, I think that in a sense you will be more powerful when making such statements. Even when doing something unexpected, you have the power to bounce back. After all, I think that is the way it is when its linked to remarks, but how is that? 
KENOH: Of course it is already. If I didn't have a belt, then my voice would be reduced, but now I do have one, my voice will increase, right? I think if I had the GHC Heavyweight then it would increase even more. I want to wear it to increase my voice, and that is why I want to be double champion. 
Q: You have a great dream when it comes to entering the venue, right at the end, as double champion. 
KENOH: Yes, I want to make it happen. 
Q: In 2022, Kenoh spreads his wings and Kongoh as a unit are thinking about increasing the number of new members. I am looking forward to it.
KENOH: Please get ready for the start of the run towards my dream in 2022.  

*I.e. Kenoh can see the forest for the trees. 


Comments