(NOAH) Kaito Kiyomiya is defeated by direct attack, Okada & Tanahashi on the 8th January...thoughts on tears from the bottom of the heart


11th January 2022
Yahoo.co.jp/East Sports Web

What remains in the memory of the fans in the fight against New Japan was Noah's young warrior, Kaito Kiyomiya (25). In combination with Keiji Mutoh (59), he lost to Kazuchika Okada (34) and Hiroshi Tanahashi (45) and cried after the match. There was also a scene in which harsh words were spoken by Okada. What where those tears? And where will 2022 go after the humiliating defeat? 

Q: What is your current state of mind? 

KIYOMIYA: I am already looking up. Of course, there was a moment when I felt frustrated and felt down when returning to the waiting room. "Should I quit?"

Q: To that extent?!

KIYOMIYA: But, when I realized this on the bus on the way back I checked my match (strained laugh). All the next day, I watched matches to see what Noah's wrestlers were doing, when I suddenly thought "I have only pro wrestling" and I have no choice but to go forward.

Q: What was the most disappointing thing about the match? 

KIYOMIYA: It wasn't technique or skill, I felt the difference in my efforts to keep track of the match. It was the part which widened the field of view and thought ahead. I thought I could not make use of technique without it. 

Q: You cried after the match

KIYOMIYA: I regret it, but more than that I was able to do what I did with the support of the people around me. It was a betrayal of those people, I am sorry. 

Q: Okada even said "If you are disappointed, you should come to New Japan."

KIYOMIYA: If I go to New Japan, I think I can experience the different with Noah. I think there are various worlds, but the world I want to cherish right now is Noah. I can't say that looks great because I am losing, but here is where I want to do it. 

Q: At the Nippon Budokan on the 1st, you challenged Kenoh for the GHC National and lost. 

KIYOMIYA: To be honest, I couldn't keep pace. I used to make that the most important point, and I think that will be the challenge for this year. 

Q: You lost big matches in a row at the beginning of the year, and you appear to have grasped the challenge to grow at once. 

KIYOMIYA: That's right. It's hard to say what this is in words, but I do have that kind of feeling. 

Q: Based on that, what kind of year do you want to have this year? 

KIYOMIYA: I want to lead Noah. I can't stay still. I have to do it this year in my life. 

Q: In that respect, even if it is another promotion, the influence of encountering the wrestlers who created an era, is important. 

KIYOMIYA: It was jumbled up as each has a different shape, but it's called "group love". "I will do this for this group", "I will protect this group". I felt that feeling was very strong. It's not just about me. 

Q: I see

KIYOMIYA: I think I have been looking at pro wrestling in fragments until now. Whether it was a good match or not. But wrestling isn't like that. I realized that by making this group bigger, that is what I want to do the most and every day when I face pro wrestling, I noticed what it was.

Q: Your expression is cheerful. I am looking forward to this year. 

KIYOMIYA: I saw the bottom last year. Having come far there is only progress. There are many walls that I have to overcome, so I will spend my life doing it!

Translated from Yahoo.co.jp/East Sports Web
Picture credit: Yahoo.co.jp/East Sports Web

Comments