The goal is to exceed "I AM NOAH", interview with Go Shiozaki towards the three Korakuen single matches

7th February 2022
Pro Wrestling DX

Go Shiozaki volunteered for four single matches against formidable opponents with the aim of a complete comeback. Four single matches with Takashi Sugiura, Masato Tanaka, Naomichi Marufuji and Kenoh have been arranged, and he has already suffered a complete defeat against Takashi Sugiura on January 27th at Korakuen Hall. Remaining is Masato Tanaka (9th), Naomichi Marufuji (10th) and Kenoh (11th) in three consecutive matches at Korakuen Hall. What is the reason why the man who lost to Katsuhiko Nakajima at The Budokan on New Year's Day, and lost the right to "I AM NOAH", faces a difficult match situation, and what he sees ahead. 

Interview with Go Shiozaki

Q: What is the reason for your desire for these four matches? 
SHIOZAKI: There is only one. To take the GHC and wrap it around my waist again. 
Q: Did you feel the distance between yourself and the GHC in the match against Katsuhiko Nakajima at The Budokan on New Year's Day, and then afterwards in the match against Kaito Kiyomiya recently?
SHIOZAKI: I was absent for about nine months last year, I have never been absent for that long. I have a desire to shorten that distance, and I am telling myself I have fighting spirit, but anyway I can't do it as it is. Honestly, I did feel the distance in the title match on New Year's Day, but I can't go back as it is...I can't go back Go Shiozaki before absence. That is why I got the permission from the promotion, which led to this series of single matches. 
Q: It seems that in the recent years you haven't had three losses in a row in singles matches, and no results so far.
SHIOZAKI: I don't want to say I lost, but naturally that is what happens when you don't win. But, that is my current position and ability. I can't move on by pretending I don't see that, and that is why I thought that by truly knowing my current strength that I could really step up.  
Q: Well, I think that the desire for four specific single matches all at once is unprecedented...
SHIOZAKI: There is a sense of crisis. That area (i.e. his shoulder injury) may have improved from before I had surgery, but there was a time when I couldn't move (due to rehabilitation). My intuition of the match has not been completely regained, and there is also an element of wanting to bring the intuition back to the way it was before I was absent. I returned and did three single matches, but to be honest the in-match timing and the intuitive parts are not sufficient, or have not returned. In order to return in the shortest time it is necessary to fight to that extent, and it may be a challenge that is too severe, but that challenge is what I need now. 
Q: The four matches have already started, in the first you where choked by a reversal from Sugiura
SHIOZAKI: I don't know if is could be said that is a "reversal"...
Q: Was it a complete defeat for you? 
SHIOZAKI: It was a complete defeat, yeah. My finishing lariat came in, and there was a response, but the opponent was still not defeated. He could still keep going. In a sense I think it was planned when I was aiming for a quick attempt in succession. 
Q: You have fought with Sugiura for the GHC Heavyweight many times in the past, but you did not reach the "GHC Range"
SHIOZAKI: I have not reached that point yet
Q: The four single matches have just begun with three matches remaining. Furthermore, Masato Tanaka will be your opponent in the next three consecutive matches from February 9th.
SHIOZAKI: We fought a singles once in the final of the Fire Festival (August 2012). He is an opponent who doesn't need to talk about his ability. I lost at the Fire Festival, but I want to set it aside and defeat the strong Masato Tanaka. This time I am reflecting on it.
Q: What kind of thing can you find in the missing pieces of the Masato Tanaka battle for yourself now? 
SHIOZAKI: It is only after I win, that I will understand. I think that it's only after I win that I will think "Oh, I have got the hang of it". Now I am only thinking about winning, and fighting in the ring as a valuable opportunity. That's all.
Q: After that, on February 10th it will be the match against Naomichi Marufuji
SHIOZAKI: Naomichi Marufuji is different to the other three, but no matter what he always fights with the pride of carrying Noah, and you can feel that. Feeling that pride is not a negative thing for me, a plus could never become a minus now. He is hard to fight in a singles, so I want to win more matches by sticking to how to win and keep winning.  
Q: Finally, there is the fight with Kenoh on February 11th. Did you say that you wanted Kenoh to be the final opponent? 
SHIOZAKI: No, I didn't say who was the first, the second...the company decided that. Even when I had the GHC we couldn't settle it*. This time neither of us have belts, and we have different attitudes and feelings from then. I don't know what he thinks and how it will emerge, but I think I have to overcome Kenoh's deadly fight as well.
Q: You were forced to give up "I AM NOAH" after being defeated by Katsuhiko Nakajima, but would you like to find an alternative? Or again enhance so you can return to "I AM NOAH?"
SHIOZAKI: Hmmm...do I want to aim for a place beyond "Go Shiozaki when I was I AM NOAH"?
Q: You can't say it, but in your heart you keep the feeling of "I AM NOAH"
SHIOZAKI: Yes, I cannot fight without it.
Q: Maybe it will be time to say something like "I AM NOAH" when you surely increase the stage by yourself again
SHIOZAKI: Yes. I want to show you not only my own emotions, but needless to say, also a different Go Shiozaki. I think this is the "road" for that now. 


*60 minutes match in which Shiozaki and Kenoh put the GHC Heavyweight and the GHC National on the line in August 2020

Comments