(NOAH) "Surpassing the serious Yoshinari Ogawa" - interview with Seiki Yoshioka ahead of the "STINGER Showdown" GHC Junior Tag Battle

11th May 2022
Pro Wrestling DX

Q: The 21st May Junior Tag Championship Challenge in Ota has been decided 
YOSHIOKA: Originally, I was injured and had to return the junior tag belt*, and I felt sorry for Susumu-san, and wanted to get the belt back as soon as I returned. Then, after returning in April, I took the pin from (then then champion) YO-HEY at Korakuen on May 4th, while the results were not coming out and my match intuition was gradually returning. When it became, "Alright, let's go!", it was Ogawa and Chris who had the belts...
Q: Did you hesitate to challenge the team as you are in the same unit? 
YOSHIOKA: In other units, I don't think it is easy to have a belt and face off in the unit. I want to show that we are different to that as well. We took the junior tag in Hiroshima last year, and lost it immediately, at the beginning of the year we dominated the championship match, bit then we had to give them back...I have a strong emotional attachment to that belt. We had to return it, and Ogawa was stripped of it*, so I think it would be the most refreshing to have a contenders match. 
Q: Even in the same unit there is no mercy, there was a surprise attack at the time of making the challenge and then an invasion and attack after that...
YOSHIOKA: Because I decided to confront Yoshinari Ogawa, I can't afford to be at his mercy. I have seen first hand people at his mercy. I think it is easy to be attacked first when you are forced I think. Ultimately, I know that if I don't make the first move, I know that I am going to be swallowed.
Q: I see...
YOSHIOKA: The rest is because Ogawa is serious, and ultimately, I don't think the tag team will be able to improve unless we beat Yoshinari Ogawa. In Ota Ward, I want to surpass the serious Yoshinari Ogawa  and further build a presence as the tag team of Yoshioka & Susumu. The Noah Juniors have many units, but I think there are a few fixed tag teams. Among them, Susumu and I have been working together for a long time, and that is why I would like to launch the tag team part as well. 
Q: STINGER has monopolized the belt for both singles and tags, and the title match has been monopolized as a STINGER confrontation
YOSHIOKA: That is how amazing STINGER is...but Susumu and I aren't into monopolizing the belt. As for the people around me, I think STINGER has a strong image of the team of Ogawa and HAYATA. I will break that. I think it is STINGER to compete with that in the team. 
Q: You have learned a lot from Yoshinari Ogawa, but...
YOSHIOKA: Yes, I did learn a lot from Ogawa and even if I fight against Ogawa with what I learned from Ogawa, it's going to be quite difficult to win. That is why Susumu has ground wrestling origin, and I have speed and strikes. So for now, I am thinking about how to fight against Ogawa with what I learned while attacking. I think that Ogawa also knows that I have the one shot, which he understands from the Buzz Kick*, so where to bring out the fear of that one shot? I think it will be such a match.  
Q: What about Ridgeway? 
YOSHIOKA: Well, I think strikes and ground attacks are the focal points, so while devising countermeasures, if I just look at Ogawa, I think this will deprive Chris. Also, you know I have the feeling that I should talk a bit about Chris's teacher. His teacher is Dean Allmark. I have wrestled Dean Allmark in England* and I have a personal friendship, so I think can find a breaking point. 
Q: There are two Yokohama events leading up to Ota Ward? 
YOSHIOKA: There is a single with Chris in Yokohama on the 14th, so I am thinking of trying to brush up when fighting. After that, I will make the first move so that I will not be taken to Ogawa's pace...


NOTES
*Seiki Yoshioka was injured in February 2022 with a foot injury. 
*Noah will take the belts of any champion or champions who have Covid and vacate them
*When Seiki Yoshioka and Yuya Susumu intruded into the ring after the match on the 5th May at Korakuen Hall
*Allmark also came to W-1

Comments