(NOAH) From Cirque du Soleil...The hidden "Real Face" of super unique wrestler Ninja Mack

18th July 2022
Tokyo Sports

The "Ninja Whirlwind" is happening on the Noah mat again. 
Ninja Mack (32) defeated Dante Leon at the Nippon Budokan event on the 16th July, which was his first participation in two months. Originally from the world-famous theatre company "Cirque du Soleil", he signed an exclusive contract with Noah at the Sumo Hall event in April, which was his first visit to Japan. What is the real face hidden behind the mask? 

Q: How did you spend your time in the two months following your first visit to Japan?
NINJA: I had matches in GCW (US Promotion). I had three to four matches on the weekends to get in shape. In my spare time I studied the wrestlers with an intention of learning more about the Japanese language and Noah. 
Q: Indeed
NINJA: Even in the United States my awareness is of "Noah Ninja", so I tried to have matches wearing a Noah t-shirt. There is a chant in the venue in America, when I say "Noah", the response of the GCW fans is to say "Ninja"  
Q: You seem to be a US public relations ambassador for Noah
NINJA: I feel like Noah has given me this purpose, so I am working to spread them. I definitely have to put Noah first.
Q: What is your research into Noah's wrestlers?
NINJA: I watched all the Noah shows on WrestleUniverse, especially paying attention to HAYATA'S matches. I am aiming for the belt and he is the GHC Junior Heavyweight Champion. I lost to him last time, and I want to improve my ability. Otherwise, it was Kaito Kiyomiya. He was very strong and I was was completely beaten last time. He carries Noah's future, and I think I have to request a rematch. 
Q: You have also been studying Japanese?
NINJA: The last time I visited Japan, I bought a book on how to write Hiragana, so I am studying with that. Recently, I have also been studying Sesame Street in Japanese on YouTube. Children's programs have short sentences, and are easy to understand, so I try to listen and learn. 
Q: What is your favorite in Japanese?
NINJA: "Sumimasen" (I'm sorry). It's the word I use the most, and it's easy for me to say. It's a good grounder. Rather than apologize, I often use it in the sense that "Excuse me for a moment"
Q: What is your favorite Japanese food?
NINJA: I love sushi. I used to eat it a lot before I came to Japan, especially salmon and tuna belly. I grow vegetables at home, and I use them to make veggie rolls which I eat a lot. Somewhere I want to go? I want to climb Mount Fuji when I have time. I have strong legs, but when I reach the top I don't know what my legs are going to be like. Also, when I was in Japan last time, the timing wasn't right so I couldn't see the cherry blossoms, but I really want to see them. 
Q: The last time, you captivated the entire audience with your aerial techniques, what has been the response since returning to Japan? 
NINJA: I got a lot of messages from Japanese fans through social media, even when I was in America. The other day my video was posted on Noah's official YouTube, and I am very happy and grateful that a lot of people have watched it. 
Q: By the way, how many times can you backflip?
NINJA: How many times was the world record? I can beat it. As far as I know 56 times was the best, but I can go beyond that. No problem. 
Q: How many times can you be evaluated as a ninja? (rough, does not translate well)
NINJA: Once is fine, isn't it? Once I get a ninja pose and a ninja kick, I get close to the ninja. Heart is important for a ninja, and if there is the spirit of Noah Ninja, then everyone is a Ninja!

Comments