(NOAH) GHC Junior Challenge - Interview with Seiki Yoshioka, keyword is "Critical Strike", the ultimate finish for the Budokan Semi.

12th July 2022
Pro Wrestling DX

Q: First of all, what was the reason you left STINGER? With just one accidental strike, there was a sense of discomfort about your leaving. 
YOSHIOKA: That accidental strike was just a "trigger". Yuya Susumu is a partner who I have been with a for a long time, but he didn't leave it to his partner when he wanted him to, and as a result there was the accidental strike. It's not about anger with that, it's a matter of trust. That is the first point I was disappointed with. The rest is a sense of crisis that I have had for a long time. The flow of the Noah Junior is fast, and if you do not take action, you will be immediately buried, and in that case the belt is necessary, isn't it? But the belt is now being monopolized by STINGER, and if that is the case, rather than staying with them, isn't it better to go out there and stand up against them in a position where I can aim at once and refuse to back down? With that in mind I drove myself, and came to the conclusion to leave.
Q: The Noah Juniors have many units, but you have chosen to be a "Lone Wolf"
YOSHIOKA: Sure, I learned a lot from STINGER, but somewhere deep down I realized that I was relying on Yoshinari Ogawa and HAYATA. I can't beat them while I have that dependency. If I don't get rid of that dependency and burn my bridges, then I cannot stand at the top of the current Noah Juniors. I think it will be the same if I teamed up with someone, so I am alone now in the sense of sharpening my resolution. 
Q: You look physically sharpened also
YOSHIOKA: Another good "trigger" was being absent in early spring. I went to the gym during my absence, but there were too many things that I couldn't do with crutches, and my body shrunk a little. So, I resolved to change my diet and my restrictions on sugar, and I came out of that stagnation and improved. I lost fat and gained muscle mass. I thought I was afraid to get used to training, but unless I took that plunge then I wasn't going to get bigger or change my environment. So in a sense, my body make up may have had something in common with pro wrestling. 
Q: And you got the chance to challenge for the GHC Junior and also to be in the semi finals of The Budokan.
YOSHIOKA: By pushing myself mentally and physically, I am in the best state of my career so far. I am hungry like never before, and I really want to go with "best" instead of "perfection", because it is a big chance that all timings overlap. I want to respond to all kinds of things and produce results, and I have to show off the awesomeness of the juniors at the Budokan semi.
Q: How do you see the champion, HAYATA?
YOSHIOKA: I have known him for a long time, but surprisingly, I don't have that much experience in fighting. We have teamed up many times, including when we were in the same promotion a long time ago, but I have only had a few matches. His movements have been beautiful for a long time, but by learning technique in STINGER, he has become a different wrestler than before, he has become a more centered or solid wrestler. Continuing to watch closely as STINGER is great for capturing, but I also learned a lot from STINGER too, and I feel that I was able to grow. I want to take advantage of my own experience in STINGER, to take the head of STINGER'S HAYATA. 
Q: It seems that there are a few openings
YOSHIOKA: It's true that he has become an almighty wrestler, so even if he fights against a versatile opponent with all his might, he cannot easily win. So there is no choice but to make something sharp, and then pry a hole. When I make my parameters, I think the speed and the kick will be prominent. Therefore, I think there is no choice but to thoroughly polish that distortion and compete. 
Q: Towards the title match, you sometimes burst in and KOed HAYATA until the match was thrown out.
YOSHIOKA: That is not the reason why I am attacking with my emotions. Of course, there is the aim of applying pressure, and I have KOed HAYATA four times so far, but all my techniques have been different. Buzzsaw Kick, Crash Driver, Heel drop and Right high kick. When it is decided, I have proved that it is one shot. It would be easy to take measures if there was only one, but I think I was able to distribute it. 
Q: I see
YOSHIOKA: If it is speed, then I am second to none, and I think the match will be decided in the blink of an eye and after that, how much can the probability of the occurrence of a "critical strike" be increased? To that end, I will sharpen everything and then repeat that work.
Q: At The Budokan last year, you defeated Harada and won the GHC Junior, but soon afterwards you dropped it and the trend did not continue.
YOSHIOKA: This time I have to make it a starting point (in creating my own era). The current Noah Juniors are in a warring state, but it is like HAYATA has gone one step further. If I can take that position with the belt, then it would never have been so delicious, but if I don't win first then I can't do anything about it. I will bring this to the point where everyone thinks "Noah Junior is Yoshioka"

Comments