(ZERO-1 FIRE FESTIVAL/NOAH) The beginning of the storm! "I don't think I got closer" - Noah's Yoshiki Inamura draws special merit from the champion, Masato Tanaka

Tokyo Sports
1st July 2022

The ZERO-1 Summer "Fire Festival", marked the beginning of the storm. Noah's Yoshiki Inamura (29) faced the ZERO-1 World Heavyweight Champion, Masato Tanaka (49) in the opening official match of B Block (1st July, Shinkiba, Tokyo). Inamura had to leave last year's event, which was his first appearance, due to a left fibula fracture, which redeemed himself for. 

The match was a fierce battle from the beginning. Although Tanaka's intense elbows made him feel faint, he counterattacked with a powerslam and a bodyslam, that made use of his superhuman strength, and he fought on par with the champion. Although Inamura was prey to a Sliding D at the end of the match, but the three count was now allowed as the match was bought to a special 30 minute draw and won a valuable 3 points. 

After the match, Inamura expressed his regret saying, "Because today was a draw, I don't think I got closer to Masato Tanaka. I am getting stronger, and I used all the strength I have now to draw." He swore, "I will beat everyone else."
Tanaka, however, who regained the title from Noah's Takashi Sugiura at the Ota Ward event on June 4th, who started with a regretful draw at an event in which he is obliged to win, had no choice but to praise Inamura saying, "Horsepower is different. Blow by blow, each is amazing. A power fighter beyond my expectations came, (Inamura) has changed." Still, "I can't lose this years Fire Festival, for me it's no good without the sword".  
Tanaka is looking ahead to the victory for the sixth time in five tournaments. 

The final will be held at Korakuen Hall in Tokyo on the 31st.

Comments