(NOAH) "Follow Me You Bastards" - Kenoh's Weekly Pro Column

Weekly Pro
6th September 2022

Q: N-1 has finished. For the first time in the history of the GHC Heavyweight Championship, it was not possible to win. 
KENOH: I'm frustrated that I couldn't appear. I am glad though that I was able to set a new goal, so there are some things that I have been able to accomplish.
Q: New goal?
KENOH: Once again, I strongly felt that I had to defeat Kazuyuki Fujita
Q: On the 28th August, you lost in Kawasaki, and failed to get revenge for the GHC National Championship in March last year, resulting in a singles record of 2 losses.
KENOH: When I saw Kazuyuki Fujita in the N-1, I was very unsatisfied. Even that one lariat seemed to me to be very unenthusiastic. I could tell that he was weak, or rather, he was being considerate of his opponents. I went into the match thinking that I would definitely return him to the "Beast" when I did it. 
Q: He didn't look weak, but... 
KENOH: That's not true. If you look at the official matches on WrestleUniverse, you will understand. It was all the "human" Kazuyuki Fujita. Ever since he joined Noah, he's been doing thing like "humanization", that aren't funny. It's not a lie, but he's really no longer a "beast". 
Q: What part made you feel that way? 
KENOH: For example, there was a part where we had an elbow war, right? If he really was a "beast", then he would have knocked me down without getting into a flurry. In short, he was doing pro wrestling that suited his opponent. I don't want to see Kazuyuki Fujita like that. 
Q: If you insist...
KENOH: In this series when Kazuyuki Fujita joined Noah, I warned that "Even if you join Noah, don't become a "tamed beast", stay a starving one". In the N-1 he has become accustomed to being a "tamed beast". I guess it's because he lives a comfortable life in a zoo where he is regularly fed. It's the same for Keiji Mutoh, who joined Noah, gained stability and learned to take it easy. The dazzle has completely disappeared. 
Q: So you tried to turn that "Tamed Beast" back into a "Wild Beast"? 
KENOH: I wouldn't be happy if I won against Kazuyuki Fujita, "The tamed beast". It would be meaningless unless I won against the wild "beast", from the time when he was feral and rampaged in search of food. In the official league match against me, it shouldn't have been the sugary Kazuyuki Fujita.
Q: So you were defeated because you turned him back into a "beast"
KENOH: Well, that's right. Someday, I will definitely defeat "The Beast" Kazuyuki Fujita. Of course, I will put the GHC Heavyweight up. 
Q: There was also a scene of a low kick being put to the groin.
KENOH: Before the match, it was my strategy to attack the outside with guerilla tactics in the early stage to make him aware, and then focus on a more central location in the final stages. Normally, since that kind of central angle has been done many times so far, so it shouldn't hit the crotch. But, I hit there. Kazuyuki Fujita's dick is also a "beast!"
Q: That might have made him angry.
KENOH: Kazuyuki Fujita from that scene was really dangerous. So I thought to myself, do you know Daido Juku*?     
Q: "The 21st Century Martial Arts Kudo" was founded by President Takashi Azuma, who turned from Judo to Kyokushin Karate
KENOH: In Daido Juku matches, there is a significant difference in the physical strength index (height + weight), and a sneak attack is allowed while wearing a foul cup. Next time, a crotch kick when fighting Kazuyuki Fujita will be really interesting.
Q: It's interesting, but a crotch kick in pro wrestling is a foul. How was the match against Hideki Suzuki at Korakuen on 19th August?
KENOH: It was just as I thought when it happened. Basically, do you have the impression that this N-1 match is interesting? It's rare for you to find a technician who is just big, so he was able to finish first place in A Block, right? He didn't have anything explosive, but he had stable ability. However, it is difficult to convey the comments of both Fujita and Suzuki. Maybe it's the aesthetics of IGF, even fans of his pro wrestling often have trouble understanding him because he is only popular with his home crowd. Fujita is an idiot, so I don't know, but Suzuki is smart and I wanted him to make a comment that could be understood. I think a lot of people would have thought that N-1 would have lasted longer if it hadn't been for the silly comments made by those two.
Q: Right. But you didn't beat those two...
KENOH: Oh yes, if I had beaten Fujita & Suzuki, it would have been convincing too!
Q: Excuse me! Now, lets wrap this up.
KENOH: With all the strong opponents, I'm exhausted mentally and physically. I've done hard things, but I am sure it's good me, and the assholes will have had fun watching it, right? A sense of fulfilment, new goals, challenges...I was able to discover many things in this years' N-1. I won't give up on nominating Keiji Mutoh and Great Muta as GHC HEAVYWEIGHT challengers!

Translated from Weekly Pro
Picture credits: Weekly Pro   

NOTES

Comments