(NOAH) "Finish it all at once" GHC Junior Tag Team Champion Chris Ridgeway Interview, complete belt and league domination, ambition of GHC National challenge.

Pro Wrestling DX
13th September 2022

Q: First of all, looking back on the last title match (vs Eita & Kotaro), that left the impression of being "strong"? 
RIDGEWAY: I have worked with Kotaro, and I learned a lot from that time. He is a trailblazer in the Junior Heavyweight division, and I am so glad that I got to face him. As for Eita, he showed up when I wasn't in Japan, and of course I knew he was a good wrestler, but he turned out to be more sneaky than I thought. I think they are both great wrestlers, and it can only say it feels good to beat them.   
Q: What about the teamwork with Ogawa-san? 
RIDGEWAY: I thought it would be impossible to work with living legend, Ogawa-san. I have been watching him as a fan since before I started wrestling, and now to hold the GHC Junior Tag Belt together is like a dream come true. I think it's really cool. I think we are a good match. I have always admired Yoshinari Ogawa, because I like the style that Ogawa-san is good at, so even if we plan a match, we have high wrestling IQ, and we can change the strategy even in the middle and can play by ear. 
Q: Your arrival in Japan was postponed, but you seem to have evolved during that time. 
RIDGEWAY: If you come to Japan, you will be among the best wrestlers in the world. Growth is natural, isn't it? Through practice and training, I try to learn by listening to the views of those around me. 
Q: When Kotoge and Yoshioka made their challenge, why did you hit them with the belts? 
RIDGEWAY: It's obvious, right? My visit to Japan was postponed, and even though Ogawa-san and I had defended in Osaka, where many people had come to see us, that was an important time, why disturb it? I didn't like it, and I'm sure Ogawa-san didn't either. 
Q: So what is your impression of Kotoge & Yoshioka as a team? 
RIDGEWAY: If you want to fight in Noah for a long time you have to be a first class wrestler. Kotoge has been here for a long time, and Yoshioka is going about making a difference from the other juniors. They are both active doing what needs to be done. Of course I know they are good wrestlers, but I don't know how those two will function as a team. I wonder what will happen. 
Q: What do you think about Kotoge currently? 
RIDGEWAY: Kotoge has already entered the veteran area amongst the juniors. His attacks are tough and he has unique moves with a strong hit, and I don't have a problem with that...but somehow you can see a good person. The headbutt is something to watch out for...
Q: What about Yoshioka? 
RIDGEWAY: I teamed up with Yoshioka a while ago, and I have fought him, so I know how he works in the ring. He has a tough attack, and I think he is by far the quickest wrestler have ever seen.  But, do you think that if Ogawa-san and I take out their feet, will they be able to move normally? 
Q: What kind of a match do you think it will be?
RIDGEWAY: I don't usually get very emotional, but since they interrupted the best moment in Osaka, I want to hurt them. You never know what will happen when you get into the ring, do you? With a tag match, you normally stop one side and divide the other, but this time I want to finish it all at once. Ogawa-san and I will do that if so. 
Q: STINGER continues to monopolize the Noah Junior belts
RIDGEWAY: Dominating the belts with STINGER is awesome, one of Noah's best junior units ever. I think it's only natural that this year will be the year that we dominate the belts, and I feel great to be a part of STINGER. 
Q: From a long term perspective, what are you aiming for in Noah? 
RIDGEWAY: This is going to be a little long, but there are still many things that I want to do in Noah. It is already home for me, and so I am very proud to be here and really happy. I love this promotion, the wrestlers, my friends and the fans. Personally, I want to continue working with Ogawa-san, so we can go down in history, and if Global Junior Tag League is held again someday, I love to win with Ogawa, and even if we lose the belt, I want to team again and challenge. I want to become GHC Junior Heavyweight Champion one day, and I also want to win Junior League. As Noah's foreign wrestler, I want to earn more honors than anyone else, and one day I want to challenge for the GHC National Championship. The Heavyweights are fighting in the main, and I think people will be surprised to find out that I'm good enough for them, but the most important thing is to continue to continue to fight with Noah for a long time to come. Some people may think that I am saying that because I am here now, but I have been watching Noah since I have been aiming to be a pro wrestler. Naomichi Marufuji, Katsuhiko Nakajima, Yoshinari Ogawa, Takashi Sugiura, Kotaro Suzuki...I admired them. Now, I am fighting in the same ring. My dream came true, and I became a member of The Ark.

Comments