(NOAH) "I want to protect this belt for the rest of my life" New GHC champion Kiyomiya holds morning press conference to establish a new Noah landscape


Pro Wrestling DX
26th September 2022

KIYOMIYA: First of all, thank you to everyone at the Nagoya event yesterday. Truly in the title match yesterday, Kenoh was a strong champion. I was shaken by him in many ways, but because of this battle, I think in my way of fighting I have created something that is consistent in terms of style. On October 30th, the title defense has been arranged for Ariake. From here om, in order to advance as the champion, this is an opponent that I have to beat. As the champion, I would like to show that I am strong enough to withstand any rough seas. I will defeat The Beast, Kazuyuki Fujita, and create my own professional wrestling. Please come and watch me.
Q: This is your first (singles) championship in three years, how do you feel compared to when you were wearing the belt the last time? 
KIYOMIYA: Really, last time there was just recklessness and there were a lot of parts with momentum, but for this belt I have spent a lot of dark days in the period before this belt, so this is something I really want to cherish for myself. Right now, I am thinking I want to protect this belt for the rest of my life.
Q: What is your impression of Fujita? 
KIYOMIYA: He was the champion when I was struggling, and it was really frustrating to see Kazuyuki Fujita enlivening Noah as the champion. But, I think that Kazuyuki Fujita's strength lies in his overwhelming persuasive power. However, in order for me to continue as champion from now on, I need that kind of strength. No matter what happens, I think I have to show that I can't lose as champion. If I am the champion, and want to defend this belt from now on, then I need to defeat the strongest man, Kazuyuki Fujita. 
Q: To the extent that you can say the challenge is the Fujita strategy?
KIYOMIYA: I wonder. I think it's the strength part of the challenge, because he is a wrestler who fights in a way that no one can imitate, so if I can't deal with that, then I can't protect the belt. But not being able to protect the belt, is the same as being really dead for me. During this period, I would really like to polish that strength within myself and explore all kinds of things. 
Q: You won the previous night using Mutoh's technique, but would you like to participate as the champion at Mutoh's retirement event? 
KIYOMIYA: Of course there is that. I have come this far because Mutoh is really important to me. I want Mutoh to know that when I stand in the ring as champion.
Q: How did you feel when Fujita hugged you the night before, rubbing his body against you? 
KIYOMIYA: I really didn't know what was going on. What was he hugging me for? I was in the mode to fight Kazuyuki Fujita, and until now other wrestlers haven't done anything to derive from that, so I think it is true that that part of the strategy is difficult. 
Q: Fujita said "If you experience me, you won't be able to return to normal, are you ready for that? I'll make it an unforgettable night."
KIYOMIYA: As I fight as champion, I want to have a match that is unprecedented and different from the image of Noah, that is what I am fired up about.   
Q: The title match will be held on October 30th at Ariake Arena on October 30th, what about that stage? 
KIYOMIYA: I have a lot of memories as Ariake was where I was born as a pro wrestler, and I think it is a memorable place for the fans who support Noah. I think we have left many memories together, so I want to be able to leave new memories there. 
Q: It is a large venue that will be used for the first time for the martial arts of pro wrestling
KIYOMIYA: I think there is a big risk in doing it at a big venue, and so I want to risk my life for each event. 

Comments