(NOAH) "I wonder if I can transmit more" YO-HEY aims to revitalize the Junior Ark with his first championship

Tokyo Sports
23rd September 2022

YO-HEY (34), who will challenge GHC Junior Heavyweight Champion HAYATA (35) at Noah's Aichi event in the 25th, has promised to further revitalize the Noah Juniors. Aiming for his long-awaited first GHC Junior title in a championship match with his former partner, he lost the challenge against HAYATA in Hiroshima last August. Bearing the cross of certain victory, YO-HEY says "I can't take the belt unless I feel like this is my last chance". 

While acknowledging HAYATA'S taciturn character, what YO-HEY is aiming for is the opposite of the champion, "I think that my having the belt in my hands, I wonder if I can transmit more. I have a strong desire to grow the Noah Juniors. I think the perception of the company will change as a result of the announcement of the champion, such as the junior single league, which is often said by people around me." 

Hiromu Takahashi of New Japan has crossed the boundaries of other promotions by advocating a "Junior All Star" event. YO-HEY said, "I personally like that kind of thing. Just imagining it, it is exciting isn't it? I need a belt to have that kind of voice". Whilst in tune with him, he gave top priority to gaining the ability to speak out. 

It has been five years since he came to Noah, and "I want to engrave my name in the history of the belt worn by (Naomichi) Marufuji and KENTA" boasts YO-HEY, who will become the new face of the juniors. 


Comments