(NOAH) "I'll let you challenge my GHC Heavyweight" GHC Champion Kenoh nominates himself for Keiji Mutoh's retirement match, next year on 21st February at Tokyo Dome


Hochi News
11th September 2022

Pro Wrestling Noah's GHC Heavyweight Champion, Kenoh, updated his YouTube channel "The Kenoh Channel" on the 11th and nominated himself as the opponent for Keiji Mutoh's (59) retirement match, to be held at the Tokyo Dome on February 21st next year.    

Mutoh's retirement match was announced at the press conference on the 7th of this month to take place at the Tokyo Dome on February 21st next year. Kenoh said if his retirement match at The Dome, "I see him as a rival now, but Keiji Mutoh has been a superstar since I was a kid, and his track record is amazing. Even after becoming a wrestler and even if I try to fight, I think he is amazing. Even if you look at Japan's current pro wrestling world, he is by far the number one. It's natural to do it at the big Tokyo Done, where world class wrestlers retire". In addition to that, the opponent for the retirement match is undecided so, "Retirement of Mutoh. Tokyo Dome. The place where I will fight for the GHC Heavyweight Championship is the Tokyo Dome. If I defend until February, I will nominate Mutoh."

At the press conference on the 7th, Mutoh sent a passionate call to Masahiro Chono, who was a classmate in the same year of entering wrestling, but Chono refused because of his back injury. Kenoh was the first to come forward as an opponent after the announcement of his retirement match. Kenoh expressed his desire sating, "I have a dream and I have a topic. Naturally, I automatically thought he would be retiring after the GHC Heavyweight Championship, so I revealed my motivation."

To that end, the minimum requirement is to defend the GHC Heavyweight until February 21st. First of all, Kaito Kiyomiya and his first defense await at the Nagoya Dolphins Arena on September 25th. Even on YouTube Kenoh revealed that, "Right now, I can only think about the match against Kiyomiya".

Translated from Hochi News
Picture credit: Hochi News
 

Comments