(NOAH) "Follow Me You Bastards" - Kenoh's column (11th January 2023)

Q: Happy New Year!
KENOH: Happy New Year. Thank you for your continued support for this series in 2023.
Q: Noah Nippon Budokan on the 1st January, New Japan Tokyo Dome on the 4th January, thank you for your hard work. First of all, let's take a look back on the title match on New Year's Day, which kicked off 2023. Kenoh, what mindset did you face it with?
KENOH: I thought I had to find the importance of the GHC Heavyweight Championship in the semi-finals. Equally at the same time as Kiyomiya, who was the champion, I was also aware of the main of the Great Muta vs Shinsuke Nakamura. Those guys have a different outlook on the world. Pro-wrestling is a martial art, and I was going to compete on the splendor of the sport. I may have lost because of topicality and name value, but I was determined to win the hearts of the bastards who actually saw the match.   
Q: In that respect, you may have had the same mindset as the champion, Kaito Kiyomiya.
KENOH: When I thought about it after the match was over, I honestly think so. What I was trying to show that day was Mitsuharu Misawa, Kenta Kobashi, Jun Akiyama and Yoshinari Ogawa...this is the battle of the GHC woven by great seniors.
Q: It was a really amazing match.
KENOH: Perhaps those bastards who don't know anything about pro wrestling, will cut out just that one scene and say to someone who got a great achievement, "You can't do that kind of dangerous offense and defence."
Q: The Falcon Arrow on the apron from the corner stirred up controversy.
KENOH: If my opponent wasn't Kiyomiya, there are many techniques that I would never do. This is not the first time Kiyomiya and I have faced off, this is the eleventh single in five years. We have fought in tags and six man tags almost every day. This is a battle that can only be understood by those who have had many conversations, body to body, soul to soul. Pro wrestling requires a relationship of trust. In that regard, I hate Kiyomiya as a human being, but as an opponent I trust him more than anyone else.
Q: It's not like you just unleashed a dangerous move at random.
KENOH: I did all my moves perfectly, and on top of that, I just lost. I wanted to go that far and win. As of January 1st, Kiyomiya is stronger than I am, but the next time that I do it, I will do the Falcon Arrow from the top corner of the corner of the apron.
Q: It was a match where either side could have won, but how do you analyze the reasons for the loss?
KENOH: It was the technique used before the transformed Shining Wizard. I had no idea he had a card like that.
Q: Prior to the match, you also talked about the rivalry with Kiyomiya, and putting an end to the story, but...
KENOH: I can't end up losing right? I am sure I will get revenge in the near future. This may sound cliché, but I want Kiyomiya to keep defending the GHC Heavyweight belt until then.
Q: By the way, did you watch the main Muta vs Nakamura?
KENOH: I didn't get to see it in real time, but I saw it on WrestleUniverse. It was as interesting as expected. What's WWE Nakamura like?
Q: Well, Muta matches are special. What is your view of the indirect competition with the main? KENOH: Let the fuckers decide, I don't have to say it myself. Well, I was annoyed by the decision between Muta and Nakamura, and announced my challenge to the GHC Heavyweight. If it weren't for that, I would be grateful in that sense. So in the title match I was utterly beaten. How uncool am I? (strained laugh)
Q: ... Three days after losing in the title match at New Year, you declared war on Tetsuya Naito and the others in Los Ingobernables de Japon at New Japan's Tokyo Dome.
KENOH: Since last year I have said, "There is only one wrestler who I have to fight in New Japan Pro Wrestling!" No matter what the outcome was of New Year's Day, I was determined to go. Although I fought against Kiyomiya and lost, I still think pro wrestling is fun, and I am proud that Noah's matches won't lose to any other promotion. I felt I had to spread the word about Noah's fight, so I went to the biggest match of the year for a promotion that is said to be the number one in the industry. The match against Los Ingobernables was not settled on January 8th last year.
Q: A perfect three count in a ten man tag...
KENOH: I wouldn't call it final like that. They're free anyway, so it's just right.
Q: What is your impression of Naito?
KENOH: Long entry. I will talk about the rest at the press conference on the 6th.
Q: Finally, what are your goals for this year?
KENOH: This year is my 15th anniversary year. It's a career that must steadily produce something that's not only about strength, like Muta and Nakamura. For starters, Kongoh will completely shut down Los Ingobernables at New Japan on the 21st January at the Yokohama Arena.

Translated from & picture credit to Weekly Pro



Comments