(NOAH) GHC Junior Match Signing Ceremony: AMAKUSA'S tears at Harada's retirement reveal determination to "reach a new peak", Hi69 declares realisation of "two great desires"
2nd March 2023
Pro Wrestling DX
Hi69: This is Hi69 of Kongoh. I always have two major desires; one is to wear the GHC Junior singles belt, that I have not yet worn, and the other is revenge on AMAKUSA. I am always thinking about those two great desires while I am wrestling, and I am super excited to do both of those major desires in the main event at Korakuen.
AMAKUSA: I am the 52nd GHC Junior Champion, my name is AMAKUSA. Nice to meet you all, I am very happy to make your acquaintance. On the day of the Osaka meeting, I was defeated so unilaterally, and I felt the explosive strength of the challenger, Mr Hi69, and my own shame firsthand. Since that time, I have been devoted without forgetting a moment, and I know that the most important battle is to spread Noah Junior to the world. On March 9th, everything is for that day at Korakuen Hall! I will prepare myself, so that I can show you a new peak in this battle. Please watch my virtuosity.
Q: What is your impression of the champion, AMAKUSA?
Hi69: Impression? I think it was the first time that Tadasuke and I challenged for the GHC tag, and burst in after the match. Since then, I think it's wonderful how AMAKUSA has fought, and as a result, becoming the singles champion.
Q: What do you mean by revenge?
Hi69: I would like you to listen to what I say from here on, as if it were just me talking to myself. There was a time when I was active as a member of Kongoh, under the name Nioh. There was someone named Haoh in the tag team at that time. You know, right? We tried several times to become the GHC Junior tag champions, but we didn't get any results. I thought that the team was getting stronger day by day, and I thought that we would be able to wear the belts by continuing to try, but Haoh betrayed us, and we ended up as being unable to achieve our goal as a team. Well, after that I got my hair cut in Ryogoku, and I had to change my name. But that was only because I was weak, and I can't think of anything to say about that, and if I have one thing on my mind then it's anger at being betrayed. That's it.
Q: This will be your first challenge in two years. What are your thoughts on the belt?
Hi69: Since I started competing as a freelancer before joing Noah, I have wanted that belt. In the past I have done it twice with Daisuke Harada and Atsushi Kotoge, but there were no results. The story is simple, I was just weak. Truly, in my mind, the match against AMAKUSA has come at just the right time, and I think that I am lucky to be able to express my anger towards AMAKUSA at Korakuen's main event.
Q: How do you feel about losing to Hiromu Takahashi at the Tokyo Dome on February 21st?
AMAKUSA: I did not reach a new peak. I take that grave sin very seriously, but I could faintly see the new summit that I was walking towards and aiming for. Until the day I can show you the new peak through my future battles, I will continue to move forward without stopping with my heart and soul.
Q: What should Hi69 be careful about?
AMAKUSA: Isn't that question a stupid question?
Q: The name "Haoh" was mentioned, what about that?
AMAKUSA: Isn't that a stupid question? My name is AMAKUSA.
Q: What kind of match do you want to show at Korakuen as the Noah Junior champion?
AMAKUSA: I take seriously the history that has been spun by the great champions of the past. I don't know if I can answer that question, but I am grateful every day to everyone who supports me and everyone involved with me. From now on, little by little in my battle, I am trying to weave it into my thoughts and try to move forward without being haughty.
Q: Harada's retirement has been announced?
AMAKUSA: To answer your question, I'm not worthy...I don't think I am worthy (holding up his hand as he becomes emotional) Excuse me. But hopefully on March 9th, Korakuen Hall...I wish for...I wish everyone can send him off...I wish


Comments
Post a Comment
Spam will be deleted immediately