(NOAH/ALL JAPAN): Katsuhiko Nakajima reveals his true feelings for Kento Miyahara, the jealousy he felt "I think it was a hindrance"
Tokyo Sports
13th July 2023
Katsuhiko Nakajima (35), a.k.a Noah's kickass warrior, revealed his "true feelings" towards Kento Miyahara (34), the All Japan wrestler, who he will face off against at Korakuen Hall in Tokyo on the 15th.
There are rumors of a feud between Diamond Ring's senior and junior, and Miyahara has stated that Nakajima is "not his favorite". However, as if enjoying the noise around him, Nakajima...
Despite the age difference of one year, Nakajima made his debut as a wrestler in January 2004, four years earlier than Miyahara. Until Miyahara left Diamond Ring in 2013, they ate rice from the same pot*. It is said that there has always been a big gap between the two, and Miyahara has revealed hatred. However, Nakajima, who is about to have a singles match for the first time in about ten and a half years, said in his usual quiet tone "Katsuhiko Nakajima and Kento Miyahara, this is going to be a fight between two pro wrestlers, isn't it? This time it's because of history, but it's different from the past. Kento has also played an excellent role in the past ten years, and has become the face of All Japan that everyone recognizes. The past is the past, but this feels like our first confrontation." Regarding Miyahara's younger days he recalls, "He was a reliable junior. He had his own ideas and was passionate about his ideas. I don't know if I should say this, but when he was going to All Japan, I thought, "Kento is one of the top wrestlers in pro wrestling". On the other hand, he also felt jealousy from Miyahara. Nakajima analyzed his juniors psychology saying, "Kento is a guy who wants to be number one, no matter where he is. But at Kensuke Office, I was the best, and so I guess it was a hindrance. I don't know, but isn't that what it is?". But it is said that Nakajima has no negative feelings. "Kento was just a young man at the time. I was a junior heavyweight, but I also had won a belt, so the level as a wrestler was completely different. I didn't feel anything negative". When told that Miyahara had said "My view of professional wrestling is 180 degrees different", Nakajima laughed it off saying, "I wonder if that's how I feel..."
On parting ways, Miyahara has grown into the ace of the Royal Road mat. Nakajima said, "I think he's cultivated the confidence to call himself a "superstar" over the past ten years. He didn't get first place at Kensuke Office, but he was able to get it at All Japan. That is included and intended for the first match. I'm looking forward to it".
There is no more waiting until the fateful match done with no time limit.
Note
Eating rice from the same pot: A phrase which indicates people who are together through circumstances (i.e. at work, in the military, shared dormitories etc) and eat together, are close enough to suffer hardships together.


Comments
Post a Comment
Spam will be deleted immediately