(NOAH) EVENT RECAP - SUNNY VOYAGE 2023 (Sunday October 22nd, Shimizu Marine Building, Shizuoka)
I am afraid I don't have much information on today's event as it was not streamed (it will be from 18:00 JST on the 25th October on WrestleUniverse), so the information I have is a bit thin on the ground. However, for what I do have I am grateful to nebusokutai_bm, Izarin, Ooii, NewVoyage0217, Kei and Shishikazu for their live posts.
Attendance tonight was 192.
Before the event
Kenoh, El Hijo Del Dr Wagner Jnr, and Good Looking Guys, YO-HEY and Tadasuke were on autographs as the venue played Iron Maiden. Someone in Noah certainly loves their classic stadium rock as fans said Iron Maiden had also been playing at Korakuen. When the event began, G-MAN made his big entry, by getting out of the Noah Truck that was parked nearby.
The event
MATCH ONE
Kai Fujimura vs Yu Owada
Winner: Kai Fujimura via Boston Crab submission (5 minutes, 50 seconds)
MATCH TWO
REAL (Saxon Huxley & Shuhei Taniguchi) vs Mohammed Yone & Taishi Ozawa
Taishi Ozawa fought against REAL, getting beaten up by Saxon Huxley (who one fan called the "Reiwa Super Beast") and Shuhei Taniguchi in the process.
Winner: Saxon Huxley with the Neck Hanging Bomb on Taishi Ozawa (7 minutes, 38 seconds)
MATCH THREE
Ninja Mack & TERRY YAKI vs Xtreme Tiger & Junta Miyawaki
Winner: Junta Miyawaki defeated TERRY YAKI with the Falcoln Arrow (8 minutes, 46 seconds)
I'm not sure what happened over by the merch table, but for some reason Ninja Mack ended up dragging TERRY YAKI off by the legs.
MATCH FOUR
Naomichi Marufuji, Takashi Sugiura, Go Shiozaki, Atsushi Kotoge & Hi69 vs Masa Kitamiya, Manabu Soya, Daiki Inaba, Shuji Kondo & Hajime Ohara
Winner: Manabu Soya with Trajectory on Hi69 (17 minutes, 22 seconds)
MATCH FIVE
Anthony Green vs Ryohei Oiwa
During the match, and I think even leading up to the finish, Ryohei Oiwa used a rolling elbow. For the newer fans, this was famously used by Mitsuharu Misawa.
Winner: Ryohei Oiwa with the German Suplex Hold (9 minutes, 56 seconds)
Backstage, Oiwa repeated that he would be the one to win the title match, just like he did today, not Kiyomiya, although he did acknowledge that he had some challenges to overcome.
MATCH SIX
Kaito Kiyomiya, HAYATA & Eita vs Yoshinari Ogawa, Daga & LEONA
Kaito Kiyomiya made to stand on the turnbuckle and remove his robe in a way that meant that Yoshinari Ogawa couldn't grab and pull at him. However, no one escapes Ogawa, and Kiyomiya was given a pretty vicious torturing. The match went to a backstage fight, and then finished with a count out when Daga threw HAYATA out of the venue and closed the electronic shutters, and then Ogawa and LEONA opened them and threw Kiyomiya and Eita out. The three of them started pounding on the shutters, but couldn't get back in.
Winner: Daga by count-out (16 minutes, 30 seconds)
Daga, for some reason, thought that this was a great victory and an easy one (which it was) and that for HAYATA, this is the beginning of the end. Ogawa chose to say that Kiyomiya had a fake smile, and he should try practicing a real one.
MATCH SEVEN
REAL (Jake Lee, Jack Morris, LJ Cleary, YO-HEY & Tadasuke) vs Kenoh, El Hijo Del Dr Wagner Jnr, Stallion Rogers, Dragon Bane & Alpha Wolf
During his entry, El Hijo Del Dr Wagner Jnr saw two kids in the crowd that had his masks on, and he bought them to the ring. I wish I could post a picture of Kenoh's smile here.
Winner: Kenoh with the Kenoh Special on LC Cleary (16 minutes, 57 seconds)
Kenoh spoke on the mic to close out the show;
"HEY! JAKE LEE! The current GHC Heavyweight Champion won today, there is only one week left, so enjoy polishing that belt in the meantime. Thank you so much to all the fuckers who came to Shimizu today! I love Shimizu, it's right in front of the ocean. I went there today too, Shimizu is really the best. Usually, there is only one Wagner, but Shimizu has three. Next time I come back to the best Shimizu, I'll be back as the GHC Heavyweight Champion, so stay tuned!"
Noah's next event: MONDAY MAGIC EPISODE 2 (Monday 23rd October, Shinjuku FACE) - live on WrestleUniverse
Picture credits: WrestleUniverse & Pro Wrestling DX



Comments
Post a Comment
Spam will be deleted immediately