(NOAH) Daga declares he is the "best junior champion of all time", for the fight against Kondo, "I'm the only Super Junior"


Pro Wrestling DX
16th November 2023

Daga defeated the "absolute champion" HAYATA in Niigata on November 4th, and achieved his first singles title in his first challenge for the GHC Junior Championship. He is a talented wrestler, who has travelled all over the world with DRAGONGATE, AAA, IMPACT, etc. After joining Noah, he joined STINGER and has been fighting alongside Yoshinari Ogawa. He is good at striking, aerial techniques, fine submission moves, and mental manipulation. He has a high "pro wrestling IQ." He calls himself a "Lion" and continues to greedily devour wins, even in Noah. At the Korakuen Hall event on November 24th, he will be challenged by Shuji Kondo, but his confidence remains unwavering, even in facing one of the toughest guys in Japan's junior world. 
We spoke to the "King of Beasts" who has caused a new power shift in the juniors. 

INTERVIEW WITH DAGA

Q: You defeated HAYATA at the 4th November Niigata event, and achieved the GHC Junior in your first challenge. 
DAGA: First of all, I want to say that I accomplished something that everyone thought was impossible. You thought no one could defeat HAYATA, right? I defeated him. A new boss is born in the Noah Juniors. I intend to make this belt the most prestigious belt in Japan. No, not just in Japan, the best in the world. I can do that because I'm an international superstar. From now on, I'll take this belt around the world. 
Q: Shuji Kondo has been chosen as your opponent for your first defense 
DAGA: The next opponent has been decided to be Kondo. On November 24th, we will find out who is the true king of this jungle. Is it the lion, or is it you? It's not just that, listen up, I'm going to be the greatest junior heavyweight champion of all time. 
Q: What is your impression of Kondo? 
DAGA: I've known him for a long time, and I know what kind of wrestler he is. I know, because I have seen his ability in the ring. But let me just say this. If you think you can stand in front of me and take my belt...no, no, no, no, no, that's impossible. We'll fight until one of us gets the belt, and it would be a good match against someone like you, but that's not what I'm looking for. I'm here to win. I'm stronger, faster and the only "super junior". If you're going to fight me, the junior champion, then you've got to give it your all. Use all of your strength. This is a fight between you and me.
Q: What kind of match are you envisioning? 
DAGA: Shall we talk about the Diablo Wings? I developed this move when I was going through hell, and I thought that with this technique, I would rise to the top. I have a lot of fond memories of it. With this move, everyone started paying attention to me; TNA in America, Mexico and Japan. I've always used it in single matches in Japan, so I'm undefeated. I haven't lost to anyone yet, I've never been pushed that far. There is a phrase in Spanish like this, "Don't be afraid of the devil, or he will chase you." That's the thing, if the opponent feels fear, it's an opportunity for me to use this move and then 1,2,3...it's all over for the opponent. 
Q: What are your strengths again? 
DAGA: If I were to describe my style in the ring, it would be aggressive. I can do anything. Technical moves, high flying, powerful strikes...I can do anything. That's what the x-kick I do when attacking with a kick is like, it has speed, and the meaning of the X is "exceptional ability". And moreover, I just do what is necessary to win, I'm not bound by rules. I have no respect for any match, so I will make that clear with a kick. The lion flies from corner to corner, as if cornering you, giving you a storm-like impact with the thunder driver. The Diablo Wings is waiting at the end. This is the end, and the opponent can no longer stand up. That's my way, and that's why I'm currently the best junior. It's natural, right? 
Q: In addition to Kondo, the Noah Juniors are also a collection of talented individuals. 
DAGA: I can fight with anyone in any style, that's why I have this belt. If anyone thinks they can take this belt from me, then come at me. But let me tell you this; I'm gonna teach you what fighting is, so be prepared, and if you want to see good pro wrestling, the best thing to do is to watch me fight in Noah. 

Comments