(NOAH) "I want to create a second Ren Hiramoto", Kenoh uses his power of communication and influence to move towards "Ark Reform"


26th January 2024
Tokyo Sports

Noah's GHC Heavyweight Champion, Kenoh (39), who won the 2023 Pro Wrestling Fighting Spirit Awards (Tokyo Sports), has unexpectedly decided to train a "Ren Hiramoto of The Ark*" Last year, he started off by losing a singles match with Tetsuya Naito in the competition against New Japan in January, but after that he became the frontrunner in the promotion, defeating Jake lee in October to regain the GHC Heavyweight. Kenoh, who has been praised for his proactive approach to other promotions, and his ability to communicate through his YouTube channel, has vowed to further increase his presence. 

Q: You won the Pro Wrestling Fighting Spirit Award? 
KENOH: I'm happy to think that I was finally recognized as a wrestler who makes money by being selected for the pandering Pro Wrestling Fighting Spirit award. 
Q: How do you feel after holding the trophy? 
KENOH: The idea of being happy when you receive a trophy, is something I grew out of at elementary school, so I'm not happy about that at all. To be honest, I only felt regret when I saw the words "Fighting Spirit Award" written on it.
Q: You wanted to win MVP?
KENOH: Yeah. Tetsuya Naito became MVP even though he didn't even challenge for a belt. When I think about the reason for that, I think it's because he has a high support rate (from fans), and when he's featured the newspaper sells, so as a result he is the MVP. Otherwise, there's no way he could become MVP with that performance. That is something I have to admit, so I want to compete in that area this year, even if it's not in the form of a belt.
Q: Based on that, what are this years goals? 
KENOH: As a wrestler, it's natural to seek strength, but you also have to think about other things as well. If we don't have a strong influence, then neither myself or Noah will be able to survive, and so to that end, I want to become the most influential wrestler in Noah, and then aim to be number one in the professional wrestling world. 
Q: For that reason, the presence of New Japan Pro Wrestling and Naito cannot be avoided.
KENOH: Of course. I lost to Tetsuya Naito, who became the MVP, in January of last year, so I owe him payback. I have to repay him. Because the degree of servility is also fucked up, so I can't afford to lose their either. We can compete indirectly, if not directly, so I think it would be a good idea to compete there as well, and liven things up. I want to fight him both inside and outside the ring. 
Q: That will result in a race for this years MVP. 
KENOH: Yes. Looking at this year's winners, I think it has become a grand prize that cannot be won just by fighting in the ring, so it will be increasingly necessary to have the power to communicate and influence. 
Q: What do you think about the outlook for the professional wrestling world this year? 
KENOH: If you watch RIZIN at the end of the year, it's not just the pure fights in the ring, but the people who make the process exciting that are attracting attention. I think that will have an impact on the professional wrestling world as well. I do feel a sense of sadness, wondering if the times are going to be like that, but I think that we were to be too strong, then we would be swamped by the waves of the times, so I think we should just keep looking at the situation an move on. 
Q: Even in professional wrestling, the influence of the pre-war era was increasingly sought after.
KENOH: In fact, when it comes to martial arts, people are watching Ren Hiramoto more than Kyoji Horiguchi, and I'm paying attention to that as well. I thought that MMA had nothing to do with process, but it has changed to focus on the mechanics, so I think that the presence of Ren Hiramoto is interesting. 
Q: Those who ride the waves of that era will survive.
KENOH (nods): What are Noah wrestlers doing in comparison? If they lose, they don't make any announcements, and go home saying nothing. We need to change that attitude of Noah's. We don't need that in this day and age. 
Q: You also plan to work on changing Noah.
KENOH: I want to take the lead. I want to make a second Ren Hiramoto with Noah.
Q: Do you want to start “producing” not only yourself but also other wrestlers?
KENOH: That's my intention. So follow me...

Video shoot for YouTube after the award ceremony

Kenoh appeared in a blue suit at the Fighting Spirit award ceremony held at Tokyo Sports newspaper in Koto Ward, Tokyo. When the certificate of commendation was read out to him by President and Representative Director, Koji Hiranbe, he accepted the trophy with a solemn look on his face. Afterwards he reiterated, "Rather than the Tokyo Sports Pro Wrestling Grand Prize, it's the Tokyo Sports Pandering Pro Wrestling Grand Prize". After the ceremony, Kenoh said with a confident look on his face, "Pandering to Tokyo Sports means that if Tokyo Sports makes a profit, you will automatically become MVP." Then the conference room was hijacked, President Hiranabe also became involved, and he immediately started filming for YouTube. 

It looks like we will have to keep an eye on him even more in 2024. 

Notes
Ren Hiramoto & Kyoji Horiguchi: martial artists

Comments