(NOAH) "DONMAI, DONMAI" ~ Mitsuharu Misawa's diary ~ 7th September 2007

Cheers! It's September now, and all over the world it's getting cooler and more comfortable, but how is everyone doing? For me, it's still too hot, and I sleep naked. This is Misawa...
Normally, I sleep in just a t-shirt, but in the summer I sweat while sleeping, and if I cool down I catch a cold, so in the end, being naked is best. If you sleep naked and sweat, you have to wash the sheets right away, which is a pain at home, but as we mostly stay in hotels, the hotel staff should change them every day...Speaking of sweat, I always carry a handkerchief with me in the summer (and in my case, in the winter too). Statistically (?), there don't seem to be many men who carry handkerchiefs, except for office workers. I often see people with sweaty faces, and I want to ask each person, "What do you do with that sweat!?" If you don't have a handkerchief, obviously you don't have tissues either. It's strange. But if you wipe your face with tissue, if you have a beard, bits of the tissue will get on your face. In the same way... (This is where I'm going to start talking about something serious. Please be careful if you're eating)... People with thick ass hair will get bits of tissue stuck on their ass when they wipe it. I have a friend with thick ass hair, and he gets his wife to shave it for him. By the way, she doesn't use a T-shaped razor, but a single-blade razor. I'm impressed... But this wife has amazing skills. One wrong move, and your butt will be covered in blood*.
I want to continue, but I'll answer Taniguchi's question for now. 
I've been on a houseboat twice. The first time was at the Sumida River Fireworks Display, and the second time was the Wrestlers Association* year-end party. I wonder how many years ago it was. It was when Gamo*, was the chairman of the Wrestlers Association, but also the wrestlers who were directors joined us and drank. I think first-timers would enjoy a houseboat, but the fact that there is only one toilet makes it a little dangerous if you're drinking alcohol. Also (and this is a problem that only we have), but you can't walk properly unless you go outside, and inside the ceiling is low so you have to squat, so if you have a bad back it's hard to move around. To be honest, more than anything, I don't like Tatami rooms, the biggest problem is that there are no chairs. I think it's enough to ride it 2 or 3 times, but I think some people like it, and it's fun to be able to drink in a different place than usual. But I wonder if people who are completely drunk will fall into the water...* 

Well, summer vacation is over, and work and school have started again, but did you all have fun this summer? Did you have any summer experiences? Did you meet any new people? .I can hear a voice inside me saying, "How long are you going to drag this out?", so I'll stop here. But I don't really have any ill intent. After summer vacation ended, I felt that the boys looked more manly, and the girls looked more mature. Maybe it was just because we hadn't seen each other every day for a long time. On another note, it seems like Ippei-bashing has become popular in this diary recently, and it feels like I'm reading about him almost every day. Well, whether it's a good topic or a strange good topic, it's good for Ippei to have people care about him. Of course, Ippei, who calls himself a "positive thinker," probably already sees it that way from the beginning, even without me telling him. But when I think that even teasing Ippei can become "bullying" if it pains the person in question, I am reminded once again of just how difficult and delicate it is to solve the problem of bullying. As mentioned in the news, we are now running a campaign called "Kids Project." Even if it won't directly help solve the problem, we hope that it will help those who are suffering from bullying, even if only a little. Everyone, please take part. 
 
Anyway, this entry has gotten quite long, but I have a question for Aoki. The World Championships in Athletics are over, but what track and field event were you best at, Aoki? For me it was sprinting and high jump. I only participated in the sprint relay at the city tournament when I was in the sixth grade, but for the high jump I participated in the same tournament for two consecutive years when I was in the fifth and sixth grades, and even won (<---<---I'm not bragging, I'm not bragging).

Well everyone, just because it's getting cooler doesn't mean you can let your guard down and still catch a cold, but since we are in the change of seasons, it's important to take good care of your health and welcome in autumn in good shape. And this weekend on Sunday 9th, the Nippon Budokan will be held. If you have time, please come and support us, see you in two weeks. 

...Can you stick a toothpick in Ippei's forehead? (<---Note: Please see Kotaro's diary) 

Notes
I had to cut the line after this as it doesn't translate...and no, I don't want to know how, where or who from he heard this story, and I'm glad he did not continue with it.   
Wrestlers Association: This came from Rikidozan, and was bought into both All Japan and New Japan, and then of course into Noah (Go Shiozaki is the current head). Basically, this is more like a management service or a wrestlers HR department than a union and they deal with things like flowers for anniversaries and charity collections, basically I think they co-ordinate everyone. There is a dorm head and dojo manager at the dojo, and on the road and off of it, someone on the roster to sort out disputes and issues amongst the roster.  
Gamo: Masao Inoue.
Drunken houseboat: I do wonder if with the way this ended, this actually happened...

Comments